• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tbonesullivan

The only problem with the LEDs is that they can be a potential customer service nightmare. Maybe glow in the dark inlays would be better.

iamcatwarrior

The only problem with the LEDs is that they can be a potential customer service nightmare. Maybe glow in the dark inlays would be better.

I was kind of joking about the fingerboard LED's, but I was looking for a really out-there (in MM terms) option for a limited edition bass. In retrospect, actually, the glow-in-the-dark inlays (and side dots, too?) might be really cool, too, if they have a really high intensity.

tbonesullivan

I was kind of joking about the fingerboard LED's, but I was looking for a really out-there (in MM terms) option for a limited edition bass. In retrospect, actually, the glow-in-the-dark inlays (and side dots, too?) might be really cool, too, if they have a really high intensity.
Well, for a DD, everything must be taken seriously LOL

I have seen them on guitars, like alembics, and the issues they cause can just be a PITA. Eventually even LEDs fail, and then what do you do? Glow in the dark stuff is nice though.

Tollywood

When I was a police officer, I had a Glock .45 handgun with glow in the dark night sights. They were amazing, and even glowed when they hadn't been exposed to light. That glowing material would be perfect!

tunaman4u2

I just want an awesome roasted birdeye maple neck on a Sterling\Stingray\Bongo... I dont think its been done before has it besides Classics & new Levin?

Last edited:

iamcatwarrior

I'm not getting a 'Sledge series' bass - I'm not interested in that right now - but I'll keep waiting out for the next installments of the PDN basses if it means finding something that really looks amazing.

Doesn't have to be DD III, just something that really clicks....

keko

When I was a police officer, I had a Glock .45 handgun with glow in the dark night sights. They were amazing, and even glowed when they hadn't been exposed to light. That glowing material would be perfect!

Exactly, ...I was not a police officer, bur I got military/armed forces background and education, so all weapons I used were equipped with that like You wrote "glow in the dark sights"! ;)

It's really outstanding "thing" in any night/dark situation! :)

Check those two fiber glass fluorescent dots, could do the job on a fretboard and don't need a power suply:

bar08f_4f2ed5bc070ac.png

Last edited:

bdgotoh

I just want an awesome roasted birdeye maple neck on a Sterling\Stingray\Bongo... I dont think its been done before has it besides Classics & new Levin?

Guitar Center had a bunch of different BFRs with roasted necks about a year ago. Some had maple boards, some had rosewood or ebony. Really gorgeous basses in a whole bunch of colors:

17924d1329712446-blue-sparkle-stingray-not-sterling-line-dsc0071-l.jpg

tunaman4u2

Guitar Center had a bunch of different BFRs with roasted necks about a year ago. Some had maple boards, some had rosewood or ebony. Really gorgeous basses in a whole bunch of colors:

17924d1329712446-blue-sparkle-stingray-not-sterling-line-dsc0071-l.jpg

There it is! Pretty stuff. Looking forward to making a purchase here although my Reflex HH5 is starting to gain too much love in my band, they may not let me sell it !

Runnerman

Most of these signs are made using a slightly radioactive element, Tritium. It is a byproduct of the nuclear reaction process and has been used for exit signs for about 25 years. They were introduced as energy savings devices.

There are some improved photoluminescent replacement materials introduced recently but they still do not glow continuously and last for about 90 minutes after the lights go out. Might be enough for a gig, but before going on stage you would have to leave the instrument under light for a period of time....not sitting in the case.

What is used specifically on gun sights, I am not sure.

keko

Most of these signs are made using a slightly radioactive element, Tritium. It is a byproduct of the nuclear reaction process...

What is used specifically on gun sights, I am not sure.

Tritium, phosphor and a few "secret" materials in mix , ...mostly used for a gun sights and watches.

If exposed on a day light for an hour, could "light" in the dark whole night, like this:

s7_229055_999_02
200px-Tritium-watch.jpg

PeteDuBaldo

Tritium, phosphor and a few "secret" materials in mix , ...mostly used for a gun sights and watches.

If exposed on a day light for an hour, could "light" in the dark whole night, like this:

s7_229055_999_02
200px-Tritium-watch.jpg

My grandmother had a clock with radium painted hands. That paint has a half life of 1600 years!
Unfortunately the product is known to cause cancer by the State of California (and everyone else) so a Dargie in that color would be out of the question.

keko

My grandmother had a clock with radium painted hands. That paint has a half life of 1600 years!
Unfortunately the product is known to cause cancer by the State of California (and everyone else) so a Dargie in that color would be out of the question.

Hmm, ...the focus was on fret-board dots, nothing about paint job color!

Just sayin'!

Top Bottom