• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bearreport

Hey I found a thread from 5 years ago saying that Majesty was the best guitar ever made http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-guitars/59187-majesty-guitar.html..

Feels like its time for an update!

I dunno guys... I've had my Majesty for nearly 3 months now. I really don't see how it gets better than this. The quality and playability are unreal. It does this thing where it tells you exactly what you need to do to clean up your playing and get it right, while totally flattering what you did manage to play. It makes for addictive guitar playing and tone hunting. You can get so many sounds without ever touching the amp, from shimmery acoustic to screaming lead. It's wild.

I have wanted a EBMM JP guitar since I was 16... I made a girlfriend drive me mid-date to a guitar store so I could play a very early JP6. I fell in love... with the JP6. Life happens, and I resolved to finally get my guitar when I paid off my student loans. The same day I paid them off I treated myself to a 2019 Blue Honu Majesty 6. Blue guitars are the prettiest... this is the prettiest blue. EBMM guitars are the best built guitars... this is the best built EBMM. JP guitars are the best playing guitars... this is the best playing JP. Everything about this guitar is superlative and over the top. This is my life guitar. Maybe I will pick up a Richardson? Maybe JP will go for a third model? I just don't see myself every voluntarily giving up this guitar.

Bravo to everyone involved because daaaamn they knocked it out of the park with this one.

emjlp8o.jpg

johnnyboogie

Tell that to someone who likes old-school single coil sound, 7.5" fretboard radius and a thick neck, or simply hates the Majesty shape.

Other than that, congratulations on your new guitar!!

bearreport

Yeah I’m being a little tongue in cheek here... everyone has their own preferences and vision for what they want to do on guitar. The Majesty checks every box for me in ways that I literally can’t imagine it being better. It’s a blessing for every guitarist when they find a six-string twang box that makes them fee this way and I wish it happens for all of you!!

KDude

They're definitely cool, but I would mainly disagree because I don't like 24 frets. I especially like the piezo sounds.

xjbebop

1- I like your post! You're extremely happy and want to share that feeling. Give us an update in a year or 2 and let us know if anything has changed.

2- I've seen plenty of these types of threads before where someone proclaims " This (guitar, bass, whatever...) is simply the BEST and far superior to anything else"
*I don't think the OP Bearreport intended to be rude about it, but we've seen these kinds of threads elsewhere before...
IMHO, simply adding a few words like " This (guitar, bass, whatever...) is simply the BEST and far superior to anything else ...FOR ME..." ...makes all the difference and greatly reduces backlash.
btw- Happy Friday fellow knuckleheads! :)

click track

That is great !!! I have had those same thoughts about every EBMM I have ever owned and some day...... when I am done paying for my son's college tuition, I will be treating myself to SEVEREAL new EBMM's the same month and or minute after he graduates...……..That color is stunning !!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel

Hey I found a thread from 5 years ago saying that Majesty was the best guitar ever made http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-guitars/59187-majesty-guitar.html..

Feels like its time for an update!

I dunno guys... I've had my Majesty for nearly 3 months now. I really don't see how it gets better than this. The quality and playability are unreal. It does this thing where it tells you exactly what you need to do to clean up your playing and get it right, while totally flattering what you did manage to play. It makes for addictive guitar playing and tone hunting. You can get so many sounds without ever touching the amp, from shimmery acoustic to screaming lead. It's wild.

I have wanted a EBMM JP guitar since I was 16... I made a girlfriend drive me mid-date to a guitar store so I could play a very early JP6. I fell in love... with the JP6. Life happens, and I resolved to finally get my guitar when I paid off my student loans. The same day I paid them off I treated myself to a 2019 Blue Honu Majesty 6. Blue guitars are the prettiest... this is the prettiest blue. EBMM guitars are the best built guitars... this is the best built EBMM. JP guitars are the best playing guitars... this is the best playing JP. Everything about this guitar is superlative and over the top. This is my life guitar. Maybe I will pick up a Richardson? Maybe JP will go for a third model? I just don't see myself every voluntarily giving up this guitar.

Bravo to everyone involved because daaaamn they knocked it out of the park with this one.

emjlp8o.jpg

Glad to hear that you're loving your new guitar. Welcome to the Ernie Ball Music Man Family!

LesPaul

My 3 Majesties, JP16, JP6 BFR, Axis SS, Cutlass and Luke III are the greatest guitars ever made! 😁

I guess maybe we can just conclude that EBMM makes some incredible friggin instruments!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KDude

1- I like your post! You're extremely happy and want to share that feeling. Give us an update in a year or 2 and let us know if anything has changed.

2- I've seen plenty of these types of threads before where someone proclaims " This (guitar, bass, whatever...) is simply the BEST and far superior to anything else"
*I don't think the OP Bearreport intended to be rude about it, but we've seen these kinds of threads elsewhere before...
IMHO, simply adding a few words like " This (guitar, bass, whatever...) is simply the BEST and far superior to anything else ...FOR ME..." ...makes all the difference and greatly reduces backlash.
btw- Happy Friday fellow knuckleheads! :)

I definitely didn't take it badly. It's all in good fun. I'd be happy with every Music Man guitar I've tried, but I have a minor nitpick about some. Each of us are different on what those nitpicks are... But that's more than I can say about most guitars, where I start running into many more issues :)

Top Bottom