• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BIGEJ2

Can't send a store anything that's been "used". These were not actually used by the artist they were made for, but if an instrument is either entered as a non-stock item or has been promo'd out it can't be sent to a store.

You guys should sell them direct. Great way to move some product, make a little extra income and gives people a chance to own something special.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Well, its that time again! I'm going with a theme this week: Natural. Either unfinished or at least finishes that accentuate the natural beauty of the wood that went into the construction of the instrument. This is a StingRay that Sterling has had for quite a few years now that really is quite a specimen. You'll notice that there are no holes drilled in for a pickguard at all.

The neck on this thing is really something, as well. The bird's eye is just so prevalent on both sides of the neck.

One thing I can't really convey through the pictures is that this bass actually has sort of a vintage-y polyurethane sort of finish on it, very different from what we normally do. Though I think that was standard on the Sabre reissue. In any case, hope you all enjoyed this week's installment!

steevo

Well, its that time again! I'm going with a theme this week: Natural. Either unfinished or at least finishes that accentuate the natural beauty of the wood that went into the construction of the instrument. This is a StingRay that Sterling has had for quite a few years now that really is quite a specimen. You'll notice that there are no holes drilled in for a pickguard at all.

The neck on this thing is really something, as well. The bird's eye is just so prevalent on both sides of the neck.

One thing I can't really convey through the pictures is that this bass actually has sort of a vintage-y polyurethane sort of finish on it, very different from what we normally do. Though I think that was standard on the Sabre reissue. In any case, hope you all enjoyed this week's installment!

That grain is spectacular. Oozes class, bet that sounds killer. Some sound clips would be cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edmang

Bass looks great! Great idea to have sound clips posted of these beauties if possible.

muggsy

Is there something going on with the back of that Stingray or is it just a reflection? Hard to tell from the photo, I'm guessing it's a reflection. Either way, the grain on that body is awesome. Love seeing this stuff, thanks Casey!

catzrocker

Thanks for the share! Personally I'm a huge fan of everything made by EBMM but I'm such a newbie that my eyes sparkle at every model and make you have. With only 2 EBMM- I am wishing for my next one to be acquired soon. 🎸

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Sorry for the late update, as I've said in the guitar thread I've been unable to access a computer for the last week, so in order to make up for missing last week's post you guys get a double post!

I have two companions to the orange Cutlass that was posted a few weeks ago, these were originally set up with Seymour Duncan's and were reverted back to our stock pups, and originally only featured one volume knob. They both feature roasted necks, but of different maple varieties. You can tell these apart from any other Cutlass by the black headstocks.

Top Bottom