• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Magic Jason

My best friend bought this exact same case for his Eric Johnson strat.

Flew from Belgium to Spain. Guitar was fine but case lids were broken.

Take the axe with you in the plane in a semi rigid gigbag.

kestrou

My best friend bought this exact same case for his Eric Johnson strat.

Flew from Belgium to Spain. Guitar was fine but case lids were broken.

Take the axe with you in the plane in a semi rigid gigbag.

Problem is I'm flying with at least three guitars...

I have a double-guitar carry on by Mono, but can't reasonably carry on three guitars so will need to check one...

Kevin

jones4tone

Problem is I'm flying with at least three guitars...

I have a double-guitar carry on by Mono, but can't reasonably carry on three guitars so will need to check one...

Kevin

If you're doing an out/back, as opposed to multi-leg, could you ship one or more of the guitars ahead of your trip?

kestrou

Jones4Tone - yeah, it's out/back - and I've considered shipping one, which has almost as much risk as flying with one in baggage. That might be my best option at this point...

fbecir - actually... I'm going to "Deep Purple Camp" in Los Angeles: Deep Purple | Glenn Hughes | Ian Paice | Steve Morse | Music | Events | Bands | Los Angeles | Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp | Hollywood | CA | Concerts | Best Gift | Learn to Play | Bucket List | Workshops | Seminars | Classes | Fans | Backstage Pass | Experience | Adults | Teens | California | Vacations to jam with Steve and the boys! :)

Am taking a Strat (recreation of Gary Hoey's "American Flag" guitar) to be signed by him, and a Parker Fly (identical to Mark Farner's) to be signed by him, but taking a Morse (or two?) to actually play. Sometimes my 18yo daughter goes with me and plays "roadie". She's a cutie, so then I have the extra hassle of keeping the drummers away! :)

Kevin

jones4tone

Sounds like a great time!

But, wait, is your daughter flying with you? Because it sounds to me like you have another shoulder (and ticket, importantly) for a gig bag if she is... :D

kestrou

Sounds like a great time!

But, wait, is your daughter flying with you? Because it sounds to me like you have another shoulder (and ticket, importantly) for a gig bag if she is... :D

No, she's not going on this trip...

Will be joining me for another trip to LA (actually Arrowhead Resort, in the mountains above there) about a month later. She's still in high school and daddy can't get her out of school TOO much! :)

Kevin

fbecir

Very nice trip indeed !!!!

But be careful, perhaps Glenn and Ian will not be allowed to enter in the US ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sometimes my 18yo daughter goes with me and plays "roadie". She's a cutie, so then I have the extra hassle of keeping the drummers away! :)

Same problem here ! My daughter is 17 years old (18 in March), but she never plays "roadie" (she's a classical guitarist, thus she's absolutely maniac with her nails. Never ask her to carry something :mad:)

edhalen

Wow Kevin! Sounds amazing! I'd never have the stones to do that. I'd be freaking so much I wouldn't be able to play a simple cowboy chord. :)

kestrou

Wow Kevin! Sounds amazing! I'd never have the stones to do that. I'd be freaking so much I wouldn't be able to play a simple cowboy chord. :)

I've jammed with guitarists all the way up to and including Steve Vai - talk about some pressure "trading fours" - so I don't lack for "stones"! :D

I have no illusions of outplaying any of these guys - just enjoy the jam and don't fall off the stage.

Kevin

kestrou

Well, I talked to SKB and they didn't know for sure... We chatted over some particular dimensions and it's going to be close...

Chatted with my guy at Sweetwater and he said he'd be happy to test it out, but THEY DON'T HAVE ANY MORSES IN STOCK. WTF?! Somebody at EBMM needs to give them a call and fix that! :D

So, I ordered it and if it doesn't fit then I can always return it...

The guy at SKB said that the foam inside the case is slight compressible too - so if it's "close" then rather than rubbing butter on the guitar I can apply "firm pressure" to an area and gain some space only in that spot.

Will let you guys know how it works out!!!

Kevin

Top Bottom