• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DIYguitarist

I have an unknown model Ernie Ball passive volume pedal with the following specs:

250K pot - PEC Type K with audio taper & 1" round shaft
Wires connect to pot with female spade terminals with shrink wrap colored red, white & black
Made In USA
Full size pedal with kinda long travel
Input & output jacks ONLY
Jacks are ON THE SIDE, NO VOLUME KNOB (or hole for one)
Brushed aluminum finish
There is "CE" emblem at the lower corner on the side that says "Ernie Ball volume pedal" over "Made in USA"
The two little plastic rollers for the string are black plastic

I acquired this sometime before 2003, don't remember exactly when or where (pawn shop?). May have been late 90s when I picked it up.
I have been 100% unsuccessful in determining the model or approximate date of manufacture although now I know how to read PEC pot codes (except for a date).
I get tons of webpages trying to sell me one and there does appear a list or website that tells me which models there in existence are or when they were available.
I'm not looking to sell it, just want to know what I actually have since there appears to be zero info out there concerning the one I possess.

Can anyone help???

beej

I've definitely seen that one before. I haven't seen a model number, though I've seen it referred to as an "Original Ernie Ball Volume Pedal".

Maybe drop EB a line directly and ask them for the model #? There's a link in my signature. If you don't have any luck, lmk and I can try.

DIYguitarist

I've definitely seen that one before. I haven't seen a model number, though I've seen it referred to as an "Original Ernie Ball Volume Pedal".

Maybe drop EB a line directly and ask them for the model #? There's a link in my signature. If you don't have any luck, lmk and I can try.

Hmm.... OK thanks. Maybe it doesn't have a model number because at the time there was only one version available? It's a bit confusing because I've also seen one that is the same but also with a tuner jack.

DIYguitarist

It's this model EXACTLY. I found a picture of me from about 1997 with it literally in hand, so I had it at that time. I'm guessing it's probably from early 90s.

ErnieBall_Original.jpg

Top Bottom