• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BUC

There's one on Reverb in presumably mint shape that the ask is $7999

Now...I have one in really good shape, and I love it, but if they're going for those kinda bucks, I might need to list it!

The pricing guide on Reverb doesn't list enough sales to post a price and I didn't see any for sale on this board.

Any idea where the market is on these?

GWDavis28

Check the EvilBay and Reverb sold listing to get a good idea.

That price is insane, as lot can be on Reverb.

Glenn |B)

BUC

I don't see any in the sale history on Reverb or Ebay. Ebay had one listed this year for $2900 but the listing ended with no sale. So unless I'm missing something, there's just not that many going through the resale market these days.

Maybe they're getting so rare on the market that this guy's just floating a balloon to see if a serious collector is going to go after it. I don't see a lot of message board traffic about them these days either. Entirely possible that there just weren't that many made? It was discontinued pretty quickly.

I absolutely love both the looks and sound of mine. My only complaint being that it really doesn't fit my body playing when standing up; the straplocks are placed so differently than the rest of my guitars. So it's been a studio queen and I've never used it at a gig. I've used it on several recordings and always love pulling her down off the wall, but it's just not in high rotation.

GWDavis28

Weird, on ebay they're only $350...

Flamed Maple Top Veneer Blue Armada-shaped Electric Guitar HH Pickups Fast Ship | eBay

I really don't know how EBMM has to try to protect their brand from these copycats.
Ok that's a fake!!! I've seen them ranging from low $2000's to up to and over $3000. They don't come up much, but they do come up. Make the dude an offer and see what they say, never hurts to ask. If he won't budge, move on and just keep an eye on it, it will come down I'm pretty sure of it.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

GoKart Mozart

Dude is off his rocker; he'll never get anywhere near that. You'll find that Reverb is full of guys hoping to strike gold with insane listing prices. I'd say $3k on the super high side if it was an exceptional looking piece of wood, maybe?

Anecdotal data, but I bought one in near mint shape from Facebook marketplace in the same color/finish for $1850 last year; turned around and sold it a few months later for about $2400 since I didn't like the neck. I was watching one on The Gear Page prior to that and the asking price was only $2100 shipped.

loocnmad

Fair market value is probably in the $3,500- $4,800 range. Pandemic prices peaked around 5k. This guy exists in an alternate reality.

loocnmad

Weird, on ebay they're only $350...

Flamed Maple Top Veneer Blue Armada-shaped Electric Guitar HH Pickups Fast Ship | eBay

I really don't know how EBMM has to try to protect their brand from these copycats.
The Chinese knock offs are like weeds. If you go after one person on eBay they go to alibaba or any number of other sites. The sellers know it’s illegal but they don’t care. You’ll notice the listings don’t show the headstock to avoid trademark claims and describe it as “armada shaped” instead of calling in an actual Armada.

Dollars to doughnuts the headstock on that still says Music Man Armada.

GoKart Mozart

Here are the sold listings on Reverb:
Music Man Armada | Reverb

I'd caveat the "sold" listings on Reverb since they won't show the actual final sale price for listings where the seller had "Make an Offer" available. For example, when this guy with the listing in the original message finally comes down to Earth and accepts a $3k offer on it, the archived "sold" listing will still show the original price of $7,999. :rolleyes:

Smellybum

well.... These are quickly becoming pretty hard to find. There was a dude in the UK sold his one (ex-Iggy Pop band) recently and it went for just over £3k - I think the market is very up and down (like with everything else) - but I forecast given how few were made, how few are floating about that prices will go up and up. It's the marmite guitar, but for those of us who love 'em there's a touch of history added to them with it being Dudley's last design. I want to preserve and enjoy mine. if you offered me £10k I would consider it but probably decline. - so yes, asking crazy money is crazy but there will always be somebody somewhere who's got weapons grade GAS for one and needs it more than money in the bank.

Top Bottom