• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SGMan88

Hello.
Fairly New to the forum. I was looking at the musicman Guitars and I was just wondering if anyone had any input/suggestions.

THANKS!!!

Hookpunch

Hi SG - when you say input/suggestions - do you mean which guitar you should buy?

I can't really speak to any other model than the Silohuette but its a fantastic guitar for the money. Versatile, great workmanship, top of the line hardware and pick-ups.

If I was to get another guitar - for the lower end, those new Subs are looking interesting.

On the high end - a Steve Morse model - but that is more because I am a big Steve Morse fan than anything else.

bing4sons

Music Man has several different models. It depends on what you're looking for to determine what is best for you.

For me, the Axis SS is best. I'm 5' 7" and have rather small hands. The guitar and neck are sized perfect for me. I wanted a rock and roll guitar which sounds great over driven. The Axis SS fits the bill to a "T". I love the maple fretboard on mine (although you can also get rosewood). The piezo option is great for me, so that I can blend acoustic and electric tones, particularly when I don't have another guitarist playing with me.

It's a very individual preference/decision.

Bing

Jimi D

Whats the Best
To crush your enemies, to drive them defeated before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

(oops... sorry for the Conan moment, there...)

Of course, if I had to pick just one model, the Axis is still my fave, but as has been said before, it's a very personal decision...

hbucker

To be fair I haven't played all the EBMM models but the Axis Super Sport is hard to beat. It'll do pretty much anything and sound great doing it. Feels pretty good too.

koogie2k

I personally own Petrucci's. However, I have tried just about all the models and to be honest, they all rock. I just had that "religious" moment when I picked up the Petrucci. But, I was gonna walk out the store with a EBMM, just so many to chose from. I say if you can, play the different models and when one hits you like a ton, buy it and get hooked like all of us!

simplesimon

I like the Steve Morse. I also have a Sil. that I love equally. I really do not think you can go wrong with anything they make.

Top Bottom