• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

peter71

About once a week, I walk into a guitar store to buy strings, or just to look around. For years, I was always desperate for that next great guitar I was going to get. I would walk into a store and try out the Strats, thinking that might be it. Every once in a while I would pick up a Gibson thinking that is a solid choice. I purchased a Godin once, and it was a really great guitar. But when I first played my Silhouette, it was all over.

I was playing a gig, and I needed a second guitar just in case a string broke, or I fell and my fat body crushed it. Usually I borrowed a friend of mine's strat or even rented a guitar if it was a paying gig and I knew I would make the money back Well, one time a friend of mine loaned me this maroon Sihouette to use. He was iin the process of selling it to get a classical guitar, which was his passion. I played that guitar the whole night. I played better than I ever had because the guitar felt better than any I had ever picked up. The neck was perfect and the tone was awesome. I immediately fell in love with it and bought it that week. That was three years ago, and I have not bought another guitar since.

I always go into stores and look at the guitars (especially the Music Man ones) , but any time I pick one up that isn't a Music Man, I will play it for a bit, think it is a good guitar, but realize that I have one I like better at home. If I see it, I have to play it. I get motivated by it just knowing that I get to play it whenever I want.

So thanks Ernie Ball, for making such amazing guitars and saving me and my wife the money that we would normally "have" to spend on annual guitar upgrades!

Does anyone have any stories similar to mine?

robochimp

Man, I'm going through the same thing now. I just picked up a used, Floyd-Rose- equipped Sillouhette a week ago, and at the very least, it's knocked a few guitars off of my wish list-most, actually. Put it this way- As far as electrics are concerned, I'm set.
This thing is really unbelievable. Like you, I've always searched for that "ONE" guitar that is almost magical- and I've actually FOUND it. It's like it was made for my hands- or, almost like it grew up with me or something. It's by far the best guitar I've ever played. I've never felt anything even CLOSE to this, and it's bringing my playing to a new level. The only other electric I'd even THINK about buying would be another Sillouhette.
I could go on, but whoever is reading this is probably sleeping already:D

jabba6

I'm not sure if Ernie Ball has saved me money or cost me money yet......here's my story:

About a year ago (after a 10 year hiatus) I decided to start playing guitar again. In the search for the right guitar I have been through the following in the last 12 months:

Made in Japan solid Rosewood Tele
US Tele B-Bender
US Strat
G&L Legacy

These are all great guitars, all with their own strengths....but then I saw a used Silhouette on Ebay from a seller in my hometown and decided to give it a try. Well I bought it and it is a fantastic guitar...really, really well-engineered and extremely easy-playing. The only problem is I still have the G&L Legacy that I've been trying to sell for the last few months. I have a funny feeling that the price I get for the Legacy will be somewhat less than what I paid for the Silhouette...but that's okay...I finally found a guitar that I'm really happy with. Cheers,

Jabba6

Top Bottom