• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
Once they’re in circulation, does anyone know if we’ll be able to buy the new EBMM Mono cases for our existing instruments? You can buy the current cases at retail, so I’m hoping we eventually get the same option with the Mono cases.

jmmp

I hope they are. My one complaint about the more traditional Music Man guitars (Axis SS and Silhouette in my case) are the cases which seem oversized. I’d love to buy one of the new soft cases for my axis, and maybe my silo too!

GWDavis28

I hope they are. My one complaint about the more traditional Music Man guitars (Axis SS and Silhouette in my case) are the cases which seem oversized. I’d love to buy one of the new soft cases for my axis, and maybe my silo too!
I'm sure there are people here who would buy the old hard shell cases from you.

Glenn |B)

Mace13

Yeah, eliminating hard cases seems like a really strange thing. The newer plasticy ones for the Petrucci guitars don't seem that heavy but are very sturdy and strong.

Etudica

I agree, I think the more recent SKB style cases are the perfect mix of weight and protection. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks more to retain the hard shell case with my upcoming Majesty purchase. To each their own I guess. I don't gig out anymore and stack my cases like many others have mentioned. The asymmetric mono cases don't appeal to me whatsoever.

PeteDuBaldo

Wait until you see how big the Mono cases are in person! I was stunned, I was expecting a gig bag but these are real cases that are built like a bank vault. They are both deeper and longer than the SKB - I will have to redo our shelving where we store the boxes.

In April I was sent some of the new cases as prototypes with guitars inside to test durability in shipping from coast to coast - I didn't want to like them, but wow.

GoKart Mozart

Wait until you see how big the Mono cases are in person! I was stunned, I was expecting a gig bag but these are real cases that are built like a bank vault. They are both deeper and longer than the SKB - I will have to redo our shelving where we store the boxes.

In April I was sent some of the new cases as prototypes with guitars inside to test durability in shipping from coast to coast - I didn't want to like them, but wow.
Pete, does this mean that the cardboard shipping box size is having to change as well to accommodate the Mono case? Sucks for you, since I'm sure those dimensions are burned into your brain!!

Johnny Alien

I noticed that they did not seem like normal Mono bags. For me that's a bummer because I like well padded and easy to carry. This doesn't really solve a problem for me. If I get a new one I will probably buy a different bag like I normally do.

jmmp

I'm sure there are people here who would buy the old hard shell cases from you.

Glenn |B)
For the cases that don’t fit like a glove, I will likely try to sell the hard case. What excites me is a case that fits the axis curves properly. My petrucci, majesty, and cutlass cases don’t have that issue.

Ah, I started some confusion. I didn’t mean the exterior of the case being oversized. I mean the guitar space being too large for the instrument, causing the instrument to move around inside the case. The Petrucci (JP6), Majesty, Cutlass, and Stingrays I have fit perfectly in their hard cases. My Axis and Sillhouette move around in the generic Music Man case quite a bit.

beej

Just so you know, the extra room in the cases is intentional. When they fit like a glove, guitars were more susceptible to stress cracks in the neck pockets. The guitar is harder than the case interior, so when they move around a wee bit there's no chance of damage.

As to the Mono cases- so cool. Personally I store all of my cases and use a couple of Mono bags for gigs (and a Mono bag for my pedalboard) ... those things are so well built. So I can only imagine what the case equivalent will be like. :)

Mace13

Guess I’ll have to wait and see! I’m not sure what the problem is that these mono bags solve. Just a bit lighter in weight? Do they offer more protection than a hard case? I guess I don’t see these things as ‘problems’ with a hard case.

Top Bottom