• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
I just bought my Little Mark II today... and I play it on a 2EQ ray and 410 markbass cab
I play fairly flat (except for sometimes increasing the mids and cutting the high) and sometimes use both filters a bitt. The VLE I find to be very useful when searching for a dry "funky sound" and the VPF is nice when slapping...

I do fear one thing. As the VPF clearly cuts your mids, while it reduce your mix cutting ability when slapping? I haven't used the amp with a whole band, so that question remains unresolved...

five7

markbass-2-2022.jpg

I am using an f1 though, basically it looks like this.

Last edited:

Rick Auricchio

Wazoo, you're neglecting the huge influence of the speaker cabinet. A pair of aggressive Eden D112XLT cabs sounds totally different from, say, a pair of Ampeg SVT-12HE cabs. The amp settings would be quite different to achieve the same resulting tone. (And, in some cases, the cabs are so different that no amount of knob-turning will make them sound identical.)

And isn't the original question a bit like asking "How much salt, pepper, and garlic do you use when cooking?" It depends on what you're cooking, and the tastes of those dining.

One man's tone is another man's noise.

Last edited:

canadianbassist

Hi Curious do any of you use some form of a pre amp like a Sans amp or an Aguilar Tone Hammer DI with your amp I have a Markbass Limited 500 I tend to like playing rock metal 80s music trying to find some good tone i use either Fender American Pbass that I have in a Drop C or a J bass in Standard or my 5 String Dingwall. or some good settings for the amp even to help would be very much appreciated, thanks

Golem

Have you found a killer tone for your Stingray on your Mark Bass control panel? Please share it with us

This one below is my fav setting, it gives my Stingray 5 a clear distinct ballsy yet bright tone and I use it with the pickup selector in the middle position, I love that tone man!!

Myfavsetting.jpg

Here is a blank one for you to use to share your fav settings with us

Blanksetting.jpg
The idea that sharing amp knob settings is any way at all useful strikes me as seriously idiotic.

We could all play identical amps, but theres nothing to share unless we all play identical basses and strings, all play the same tunes in identical bands, and in identical rooms full of similar crowds of similar sonic tastes.

IOW amp knob settings are not anything anyone would ever see as useful info unless they always play in their bedroom and nowhere else.

Top Bottom