• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

I currently have 5 EBMM basses. 4 Bongos and the Breast Cancer Awareness bass. All 5 are keepers. The Bongo's are all limited runs except for 1. The PDN Bongo 4 HHp was the only one made in that configuration and is quickly becoming my favorite Bongo. The Bongo 4 H BFR roasted neck only had I think 4 made in that configuration and I absolutely love that bass too. Especially the roasted neck on it as well. With the Bongo 4 HH DDII, I know it was also a rare one but am not sure how many were made like it? I know it does have at least one twin though. The last one is my candy apple red Bongo 4 Hp. When I ordered it, I was fortunate enough to get an abalone pickguard ordered with it too. AJ was kind enough to spot one left over so my bass got it added to it and the abalone just totally makes that bass. All of those basses will only be sold if an emergency happened and I needed the money. The last one is the Stingray Classic, Breast Cancer Awareness bass. That one is not just a keeper but it will be generational bass kept in our family long after I am gone. This marks the 3 year that my wife is a breast cancer survivor and it also marks 3 years since BP was kind enough to build the bass for us. In fact, because this month is breast cancer awareness month, the Breast Cancer Awareness bass is being used exclusively all this month any time I play.

Here are the picks of all of my babies!

Family shot!
95E0F543-E89E-4273-B5CA-E1A3882B2652-3337-0000082F6C3EE742_zps8c31b780.jpg

Gravesend Black

My first (and not the last I hope ;) ) MM - nothing special, very heavy. But every time I pass through it I stop mesmerized by it's body wood texture. And it sounds just amazing and powerfull when unplugged. That is an oddity but often I like to play basses unplugged at home :)

54_51_635060750125138021_size6.jpg

54_51_635060750125294277_size6.jpg

laneline

I let three other BFR Rosewood's slip through my GAS stained hands but having the incredible fortune of finding this as a NOS that was lost in inventory for four years, I am deeming this an absolute keeper.

Mykimus

Forgive the n00bie-ness, but I keep seeing this term "Dargie" pop up on the forums and I gotta know! What's a "Dargie"? Is that a reference to the color?

Golem

`

Yes, it's that odd green color, with the martini glass
FB inlays. A Dargie Stage II is a green-to-gold color
shifting finish. Dargie/Dargin is the 'Green Sheep' of
the Ball family. BP has correctly observed that green
basses, as a rule, do not sell well as part of regular
production models. They are "special", like Dargin :)

Last edited:

KevinM

I'll start with these two

Honey Roasted Bongo 5HHp, BFR SR5 Honeyburst w/roasted neck

I played at a new venue on Saturday that was all acoustic. I had never played my acoustic bass in a group setting on stage so I took my Bongo as a back-up. I didn't get to play it but I showed it to one of the other bass players who has an SR5 and now he has massive GAS.

keko

Red Devil is a keeper for sure, ...White Cadillac is temporary in the online free adds, ...but just for testing the 2nd hand market, ...I believe it will stay in the stable too! ;)

0011-011.jpg

drTStingray

Hellboy that SR5 20th special is phenominal - is that the twin of Tony Levin's H one?

Keko...........I think you would be mad to sell the Keko signature bass (white Reflex) - you must be famous the world over for that bass from forums!! Fantastic photos - make my iPhone ones look shameful in comparison!!

Top Bottom