• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Golem

To my knowledge there is only two trans black Stingrays.
I have one. Tony Levin the other. Sure it was a trans black?

Mebbe there's a very dark trans purple or trans brown ? All
such look alike sometimes at first or second glance [and all
look alike on stage].

If it hadda been a FL HS then I could just go look right at it
right now cuz eyed a boughten it !! But it wern't and I din't
so I can't :-/

Last edited:

mynan

This one isn't going anywhere soon. I'm not cured, but this one has been serious GAS relief for me. I've been told by a few different sound engineers that it's the best live bass tone they've ever heard.

ss5005-14657.jpg

ss5008-14656.jpg

ss5007-14655.jpg

CW Zing

SR5 going on 17+ years now...

vyru7yza.jpg
amyvymag.jpg

SR4HH since 2010...
Space rock to the max!
A7C78D88-C461-4B1A-881A-050C13BB3822.jpg

More recently with Grunge Tree
3F40052A-AB44-482D-804C-E9C918ADA762.jpg
I get the feeling more and more that no one cares about whatever band Im in, no one cares I even play, no one wants to go to my gigs. Nice to have you guys to show off to once in awhile!

Last edited:

Chris Tarman

Here are my two keepers. My Stingray (DOB 12/3/99), which I bought new in 2000. I had only ever played one other Stingray up until then, when I was in high school in the early '80s, and I hated it. I walked into a music store in 2000 with no intentions of buying anything, and walked out half an hour later with this gorgeous orange thing. It had a white pickguard originally, but I switched it out to tortoiseshell as soon as I could. I have the original guard, and a Vintage White Pearl one as well.

The other is a 1977 Fender Jazz Bass that I bought in '99. It looked like someone had played it for about 6 months and then cased it up for the next 22 years. Now it has some honest wear, all from me. It had a black pickguard, which I still have, but I torted it right away. This has been my main bass for a long time, but I think I'll work the Stingray and my new SBMM Ray34 fretless in a LOT now.

I like tortoise. When I bought a new car a few years ago, my drummer said "Didn't they have one with a tortoiseshell pickguard?" He knows me too well!

IMG_6202.jpg IMG_6203.jpg IMG_6206.jpg

Last edited:

tunaman4u2

PDN Sterling 5HH rocked last night with Cobalts! Bongo 5HH is my #1 though

Do we all still have our Keepers for Life?

Any new additions to the club?

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

I love my 'Ray's. They are some of the best basses i've EVER owned.

The 4 banger now has flatwounds on it. The 5HS is Ceramic so it sounds like a Sterling 5, and the STingray 5 is just awesome.

mmbasses1.jpg

tbonesullivan

tbone, that is one packed room.
I'm working on making it more spacious. But I've got guitars, basses, trombones, amps, an electric piano, more amps... amp stands, guitar stands, trombone stands, guitar repair and finishing supplies, etc etc etc.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should put a pearloid guard on the SR5 in blue, or keep it as is. it's got a white pickup, so pearloid might not look that good.

monster truck

I can't think of anything that would make this bass better. I love everything about it. Single pick-up, 2 band EQ, high gloss neck, vintage fretboard radius, string thru, and bridge mutes. The tone blows me away EVERY time I plug it in. I'll have to be really desperate to sell this one, a forever bass for sure.

BigDBass

Meet "Old Faithful", my keeper. Trans.gold Sterling 4H with rosewood and matching headstock I bought it new in 1999. I added Dunlop straplocks, a Hipshot detuner and swapped the white PG for tort before I left the store (Guitar Center in Burbank IL, on the south side of Chicago.)

It was my main bass for hundreds of gigs with a handful of bands for several years. I don't play that one much anymore, but it's not going anywhere!
IMG_20121211_120759_457.jpg

tunaman4u2

I havent been on this forum for YEARS but I got to thinking about the Keepers for life club. I'm still rocking the 2 EBMMs on the first post. Love em.

Post pics of your EBMM you'll never sell !!

Karl

Here are my keepers which I would never sell no matter what.
A 2016 Stingray Classic 4 Sunburst
A 2017 Bongo HH Stealth Black

C360_2018-01-06-14-14-39-149.jpg

C360_2018-01-04-12-55-44-551.jpg

Karl

How do you get to show bigger images in your post?
I have never had this trouble with the other forums.

Top Bottom