• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

five7

I havent been on this forum for YEARS but I got to thinking about the Keepers for life club. I'm still rocking the 2 EBMMs on the first post. Love em.

Post pics of your EBMM you'll never sell !!

tunaman, has been awhile. How are you doing.

MaxKlein40

My Stingray "Dr. Jekyll" and my Bongo "Mr. Hyde". The only 2 really nice instruments I've bought and as a 22 year old they took me quite a while to save up for. Well worth every penny/hour of manual labor.
Reduced.jpg

bassmike

'76/ '77 Musicman Stingray burst/ maple,
'88 Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray Blue burst/ rose,
'08 Ernie Ball Musicman SR5 Piezo blk/ rose/ match headstock,
(distant relative) '15 SBMM Stingray35CA cream/ rosewood.
The '76 was my first entry into the realm. Not only as a collector but to experience
the pure Leo essence. Incredible "Holy Grail" tone and quality build. Nice checking. Keeper.
Wifey bought the '88 intending it to be a MM that wouldn't stay in a guilded cage.
Again, "HG" tone and increased comfort factor "jazz" neck. Stays at home lol. Keeper.
SBMM purchased as daily driver as not to abuse the Quantum5.
No "HG" tone but great growl tone thru GKRB400III "short stack". Haven't decided.
Ernie Ball SR5 Piezo. Current performer. Great bridge tone and w the Piezo
closely approximates the "holy Grail" tone. Fast player and beauty to behold.
Waiting on oem black Pearloid & PP tort for Barbie dress up days. Definite keeper.

MUSICMAN TEXT.jpg

Musicman StingraySR5 Piezo 20180108_50.jpg

danny-79

View attachment 35418

I’ve got no intention of parting with ANY of my EBMM’s but if I had to pick just one .....(perish the thought) then it would have to be SunBlue. It’s definitely my favourite (just don’t tell the others that) :p :D

Just realised I had already posted this bass as a keeper back in 2013 when it was only Sun at that point.
Going to do a new post.

Last edited:

danny-79

View attachment 35419

SunBlue. Can’t and won’t ever part with this one as already stated.

View attachment 35420

2005 LE. This was my first and main EBMM, SunBlue was brought as a second, back up to this but has taken the number one spot. Its still very much a keeper though!

View attachment 35421

Next up is Bongo 4H. Another keeper. After gassing after one for close on a decade!!! My better half brought me this in February this year (2019). I love it ! So another keeper fit for this post !

View attachment 35422

And last but not least SR4HH. 40th Birthday present off my mum so safe to say it’s going nowhere. It’s completely different to the other Rays and it’s going out with me the upcoming weekend for its maiden voyage, two gigs with two bands. That should of christened it nicely by the time it gets home.

Other basses are 7azz & Wwick acoustic. No plans on selling either of them either :p:p

Last edited:

Golem

After reading, just yesterday, in a different
thread that not only are the piezo bridges
gone, but now all fretless options are also
gone. READ MY SIG ... suddenly, about ten
basses in my sig are irreplaceable. Soooo,
being too lazy to photo all of them, here's
just one, five knobs, no frets, as a generic
representation of keepers which were not
put on my "For Life" list by me personally.
They were put there by "the invisible hand
of the market place".

MM Bass BW CRV 13 Sterling Piezo WS.jpg

Five knobs, no frets, RIP

Last edited:

Golem

After reading, just yesterday, in a different
thread that not only are the piezo bridges
gone, but now all fretless options are also
gone. READ MY SIG ... suddenly, about ten
basses in my sig are irreplaceable. Soooo,
being too lazy to photo all of them, here's
just one, five knobs, no frets, as a generic
representation of keepers which were not
put on my "For Life" list by me personally.
They were put there by "the invisible hand
of the market place".

View attachment 35478

Five knobs, no frets, RIP

Here I am replying to my own post,
be-cuzzzz .....
Hodtdammit, I diddit AGAIN:

SR4 BURST B.jpg

SR4FL BURST.jpg

Just ordered it 15 minutes ago.

-----------------------------------------

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Well, it arrived ... in dire need of a
black PG. Applied one immediately
along with a set of well-worn flats
of mysterious ancestry. Checked
the database: Nov 3rd, '14. Not my
birthday or any special anniversary
but still, another keeper cuz "Juzz
cane geddat schidt nomoe !"

Last edited:

Lax

I guess my keeper is my JP12, since I bought it new in a store, paid the equivalent of 4000$ and resale value is terrible.
I don't regret it tho :D

bovinehost

Administrator
I used to be quite the bass wh0re. Wheeling and dealing and trading and buying and selling was a way of life. Things have kind of settled down now.

Keepers for life? Yes, I have a few.

1. Big Al 5H. Serious competition for my Bongos. Always a contender when gig time rolls around. And they don't make 'em anymore, so that's that.

BA5Ha.jpg

2. 4HH Bongo with flaming finish, commonly known as "The Flaming Biff". Way back when Bongos were controversial, Big Poppa built this for me. It was a gift for being the Bongo Warrior. Some years later, BP picked this up (with flats, which he doesn't really like at all), played it for a few minutes and said, "You know, this is a pretty good bass." It sure is.

newFBBc.jpg

3. Candy Red Bongo 5H. Rules the universe. Desert Island bass. Point and shoot. As I recall, I was bugging Dargin about letting me buy the Bongo 4H that many of us played at the first big EBMM shindig - but which turned out to be BP's favorite gigging bass, so Dargin said "Let me build you something." That turned out pretty good, eh?

CARbongo5e.jpg

4. Speaking of which, the Big Poppa Bongo. There's a reason this was BP's favorite gig bass for a long time, and I was fortunate enough to end up with it. There's a story behind how I came to own this, but it's just too complicated to go into here. If the Red Bongo 5H is the mack daddy of fivers, this one is the same in a 4 string version.

BPBd.jpg

5. I think my Aqua Sparkle SR5H is probably going to end up as a keeper but we're still in the honeymoon phase. Oh, who am I kidding. This thing KILLS.

front.jpg

danny-79

1. Big Al 5H. Serious competition for my Bongos. Always a contender when gig time rolls around. And they don't make 'em anymore, so that's that.

View attachment 35492

The Big Al is one I’ve over looked. Bit like the Bongo, it took a bit of time to grow on me. But after seeing this. I’m thinking 4H as the next one to look out for.
And to think I nearly did a fortnight with the perfect bass collection, never going to want or need anything else :p

Game on ! :D

mindwell

A perfect specimen

1995 Stingray 5 fretless. It sings.

Attachments

• EBMM SR5 Fretless & Acoustic USA 360-361.jpg
    EBMM SR5 Fretless & Acoustic USA 360-361.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom