• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

keko

Hellboy that SR5 20th special is phenominal - is that the twin of Tony Levin's H one?

Keko...........I think you would be mad to sell the Keko signature bass (white Reflex) - you must be famous the world over for that bass from forums!! Fantastic photos - make my iPhone ones look shameful in comparison!!

OK, I surrender, ...I quit, ...reflex is not for sale anymore! ;)

The same in my region, everybody ask me am I nuts, or something? :D

It was just a 2nd hand market testing...etc. :rolleyes:

Tollywood

OK, I surrender, ...I quit, ...reflex is not for sale anymore! ;)

The same in my region, everybody ask me am I nuts, or something? :D

It was just a 2nd hand market testing...etc. :rolleyes:

No worries...we will overlook your moment of weakness.

tunaman4u2

ok, i surrender, ...i quit, ...reflex is not for sale anymore! ;)

the same in my region, everybody ask me am i nuts, or something? :d

it was just a 2nd hand market testing...etc. :rolleyes:

great job guys! Thats what this thread is all about !! Preventing sellers remorse !!

Oldtoe

Intestinal Poltergeist
This one is my number one, and always will be. Bought sight-unseen from MF in Early 2003, I think. I bought it shortly after I married Paula. It plays better than any bass I have ever touched, and I've touched a lot of them. I've played it in bar bands, at times where it looked convincingly like I might actually get to be a professional bass player; and again after realizing that it's making music that matters, not where you make it. Paula had a picture of my baby son made with this bass for my first Father's Day, because she knew it was the one I played the most. This Bongo is part of me.

I can barely play it, but this one isn't going anywhere, either. It's a MusicMan Luke in Black Sparkle, for those of you keeping score at home. I talked a buddy into buying it off eBay years ago, and he never fell in love with it. After several years, I felt bad for talking him into a guitar he didn't like, and bought it from him. Turns out, the former owner had stuck an EMG 81 ceramic pickup in the bridge instead of the EMG 85 AlNiCo it was supposed to have. I remedied that with a new set of EMG X pickups, and every guitar player I trust tells me it is fantastic instrument. Also, I got Luke to sign it. So it isn't going anywhere.

And lastly (I really am working on losing those chins,) My Sapphire Black Bongo 5HH is a total keeper. I love it dearly. I called Derek at EBMM and told him I needed a Bongo 5HH for my new band, and didn't care what color it was. A few days (and one credit card transaction) later, this baby showed up. I would take this bass anywhere to any gig. Period. It's that good. God, I love Bongos. I thank Sterling and Dudley every time I pick one up for sticking with it and making it happen.

Last edited:

tunaman4u2

New addition

ry%3D480

Didn't think it would be a keeper for life but the HS is all they say it is. My Bongo is MUCH more likely to go now as my Sterling 5HH & Bongo 5HH are a bit too close sonically.

This is my new #1 in a disco band where I have to slap... better slap tone with that SC at the bridge & room with the SC only at the neck.

More versatile tonally. Sterling 5HH PDN still for life! ha ha

Andreas.K.

1979 Mocca 2.jpg

1979 Stingray - Absolutely no "collectors item", because the fretboard isn´t original, but it sounds unbelievable. It´s been my main bass for more than 5 years now.

JayDawg

I feel like a liar. I sold 2 of my keepers for life last month but for good reasons. The DDII Bongo was to fund extra Christmas gifts for the family because this year was going to be a little tight. I miss the bass but it went to a good home and the guy really likes it. The candy apple red one was sold too. I would have kept it but the all rosewood neck order came about and I had to get one. My only knock on the Bongo's is the painted necks. For some reason, I just don't like painted necks on guitars or basses so I basically ordered the same exact bass with a rosewood neck and sold it.

five7

Jay, you have a game changer with a tremolo. Where did you get a tremolo setup for a reflex?

JayDawg

No, it's the guitar one. When I switched over to Music Man in 2010, I sold off everything from the other brand except for 2 basses that I have had for almost 20 years now. I kept them for sentimental purposes. Last year for Christmas I got my youngest son a Sterling by Music Man Sub Silo 3. At the time he was only 9 but has had a hard time learning to play so I bought another guitar to help him out and because I missed playing guitar too. It was a toss up between the Game Changer and a JP-6 fully loaded in Mystic Dream. This one won out but the Mystic Dream will be next. I had chance to get a BFR Roasted Neck JP6 that was a limited edition so it had the tone block in it and a few other extra goodies but it sold right before I bought my guitar. Since I have had this one though I absolutely love it. The Game Changer plays so freaking good. I now want a Game Changer bass too but that is a ways off. One day though.

Hellboy

Hellboy that SR5 20th special is phenominal - is that the twin of Tony Levin's H one?

Sorry for a very late reply.

Yes it is. I said for a long time that I would not gig with that bass since only two exist in that color. But it´s so darn good that I´ve started to take her out on pretty much every gig I do.

1380182_10151684826211516_972031875_n.jpg

A definite keeper. Will never sell her. Best bass ever. There is something very special with those 5-string 20th Anni bases. The mahogany tone block does something with the sound that I can´t really explain. Love them.

tunaman4u2

Dont EVER sell that !! True KEEPER FOR LIFE !

My Bongo 5HH with Slinkies was a BEAST the last few times I've played it... thought about a big al but I've changed my mind... I'll get a Big Al SSS 4 if I see one, in maple but I'm not selling anything to get it

Golem

Sorry for a very late reply.

Yes it is. I said for a long time that I would not gig with that bass since only two exist in that color. But it´s so darn good that I´ve started to take her out on pretty much every gig I do.

1380182_10151684826211516_972031875_n.jpg

A definite keeper. Will never sell her. Best bass ever. There is something very special with those 5-string 20th Anni bases. The mahogany tone block does something with the sound that I can´t really explain. Love them.

Only two ? Kinda sooprizin that I saw the other one for sale locally ... unless there's more than two.
I played it. Was not my style. I sorta wished it had been, cuz the price IIRC was pretty decent ....

cellkirk74

With me, I probably will stick with the Small-EQ Bongo, My Big Al5 bfr and my first ever MM, the Ray4. I am not planning on selling one of the others now, but who knows what the future holds....

Hellboy

Only two ? Kinda sooprizin that I saw the other one for sale locally ... unless there's more than two.
I played it. Was not my style. I sorta wished it had been, cuz the price IIRC was pretty decent ....

To my knowledge there is only two trans black Stingrays. I have one. Tony Levin the other. Sure it was a trans black?

Top Bottom