• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mr.b

All black hardware, bound neck, I think I still see a neck joint and it Lukes (sorry for the pun) like the new longer headstock.

jones4tone

The headstock does look longer (like the Cutlass and Stingray, but I can't tell for sure) and looks like flat (or matte?) black hardware. But it still looks like it says "LIII" on the headstock, doesn't it? The bound neck looks like what was on one of the one-off Cutlass guitars from NAMM. Looking at the edge of the headstock, it doesn't look like roasted maple. Have EBMM ever made an all-ebony neck? Or would it just be a finished neck?

This doesn't make me any more anxious for my new Luke3 to arrive at all!

dave1812

Just when I thought the JP15 was gonna be my next Guitar they have to do this to me? Really?
I didn't even see a Single Picture of the Starry Night I ordered :D
Can I just subscribe to EBMM, pay a yearly Membership and get a Life Long Supply of Guitars?

jones4tone

Just when I thought the JP15 was gonna be my next Guitar they have to do this to me? Really?
I didn't even see a Single Picture of the Starry Night I ordered :D
Can I just subscribe to EBMM, pay a yearly Membership and get a Life Long Supply of Guitars?

I know what you mean...

kimonostereo

From Brian Ball's AMA
Q: Hey man. Saw Lukather's new guitar with binding. It's a bad ass guitar. Was wondering if that is a new model and when you'd be able to get it.?

A: Luke's new guitar is SWEET. It has a bound neck, and is black with white grain fill. He just got it has been playing live. It will be available in stores May 1, and is limited to 300 instruments worldwide. Also includes an autographed certificate of authenticity.

Lou

Grain fill probably means mahogany body.

mr.b

Sounds like this will be a one off PDN style release then akin to the True Gold? Which I still kick myself for not getting one.

tristan klein

From Brian Ball's AMA
Q: Hey man. Saw Lukather's new guitar with binding. It's a bad ass guitar. Was wondering if that is a new model and when you'd be able to get it.?

A: Luke's new guitar is SWEET. It has a bound neck, and is black with white grain fill. He just got it has been playing live. It will be available in stores May 1, and is limited to 300 instruments worldwide. Also includes an autographed certificate of authenticity.

ok now I want one !

Bryan

Mahogany body?

If it's got stainless frets and an ebony board, then just go ahead and take my money now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eilif

He played it tonight with the All-Starr band. I thought that looked like binding on the neck but wasn't sure.

steevo

Doesnt look like a neck through. Love the black hardware.

fbbdd757ff5e66e67c70dd8971fbf6f9.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom