• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DanV

I ordered my very first musicman stingray from guitar center and had it shipped to their store. I just brought it home and unboxed it and noticed a chip on the body below the strings. There’s actually a couple of them spread out but all within the same area. I’m assuming it’s not normal and I should take it back or does anyone know if this is common? Everything else looks great, and the bass was wrapped and brand new.

Edmang

Not normal for sure. PITA, but think best option is to bring it back

tbonesullivan

Do you have any pictures of these chips you could post? are they on the body, or on the pickguard? There really isn't much of the body under the strings except near the bridge.

DanV

Do you have any pictures of these chips you could post? are they on the body, or on the pickguard? There really isn't much of the body under the strings except near the bridge.

Yes it’s on the pickguard. I showed it to one of the guys at guitar center and he said it’s not unusual. Someone told me it might have a plastic protective film I have to peel off, but with a chip like I saw, I don’t think that’s on the film. I’m going to try it when I get back home.

I’m trying to upload pics but its not working and I’m not sure why. Thanks for your responses.

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Rip the plastic film cover off the pickguard. If you still are seeing chips on the pickguard give us a call at 866-823-2255. We'll ask for pics and if we see an issue we'll just send you a new pg..

nhbassguitar

Would be interesting to see pics of the shipping box and the cushioning material inside. This is a GC issue, not an EB issue, so I'd exhaust all available options with GC before burdening EB with this, even though they've kindly offered to help.

Top Bottom