• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dave1812

Hi Guys!

I know there is no JP Model with a Fixed Bridge, and I guess since JP uses the Trem, we won't see one without it.
One of my JP 6's is set up for C Standard and i never use the Trem on that one.
So i just "modded" my Emerald Green JP with two "Flamed Maple Trem Stopping Blocks" (it has to be flamed maple :D )
And besides the improved tuning stability on palm mutes, it also sounds tighter on the lower notes!

The Idea or Question i had was, that since the Guitars are made on CNCs and the Gap in the Trem Cavity should be pretty uniform when the Trem is set to be parallel with the Top of the Body, it wouldn't be too much work for EBMM to make perfectly machined Stop Blocks and sell them as accessories.
They could easily use the scrap material they get from cutting out the Necks

Photo 30.10.19, 13 14 23.jpg
Photo 30.10.19, 13 12 10.jpg

What do you guys think?

beej

Nice. That's what I've done in the past as well, thought my cuts weren't as nice :)

Not sure if there's a market for selling them as an accessory though. Plus, the position of every bridge might be a bit different.

dave1812

I thought the Bridge Position would be quite consistent across the JP Line
My Block certainly fits all 4 JPs i got, though it's a bit short for the 7 String...

tbonesullivan

Fulcrum tremolos have been blocked probably almost as long as they have been made for. Clapton had all of his tremolos blocked, and many people will block the trem almost automatically. Of course it's a bit more fun to block a floating trem, but many people still do it. Better sound conduction to the body than just using a Tremol-No.

Like many, I keep getting guitars with trems that I almost never use, because maybe I WILL use it? I think I need to just deal with the fact that I'm a fixed bridge fan.

Top Bottom