• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jones4tone

Got a two-fer today. After months of searching, I was finally able to track down an MM90. I'm also getting my HH painted at the moment. It was black, and now it's in the process of becoming a blue/turquoise sparkle with a subtle burst. Does anyone know if the pickguard on this MM90 is stock? I've never seen a pattern like this before.

View attachment 35753

Love that blue sparkle!

PeteDuBaldo

Very nice! That almost looks like the Blue Swirl pickguards, they also offered Orange Swirl at one point. If you use the online serial number database Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man it will give you the original build code.

Here's an example of how a build code is detailed out: 935-04-10-01 ---- 935 is AL MM90 Tremolo, 04 is color code (Egyptian smoke) - 10 is neck code (maple, plain headstock), and 01 is pickguard code (black)

GWDavis28

Got a two-fer today. After months of searching, I was finally able to track down an MM90. I'm also getting my HH painted at the moment. It was black, and now it's in the process of becoming a blue/turquoise sparkle with a subtle burst. Does anyone know if the pickguard on this MM90 is stock? I've never seen a pattern like this before.

Nice set you have there, can't wait to see the HH!!! That pick guard looks like it's after mark, but it goes really well.

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

1: LOVE that blue finish!!
2: Might be a factory p/g... I have an '08 MM90 in graphite pearl that came with a factory "black ice" p/g...

KWzJ8E2.jpg

joshriggs2

Very nice! That almost looks like the Blue Swirl pickguards, they also offered Orange Swirl at one point. If you use the online serial number database Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man it will give you the original build code.

Here's an example of how a build code is detailed out: 935-04-10-01 ---- 935 is AL MM90 Tremolo, 04 is color code (Egyptian smoke) - 10 is neck code (maple, plain headstock), and 01 is pickguard code (black)

Thanks for the info! This is the build code, whatever it means. :)

935 59 10 10 CS CR

GWDavis28

935 - Albert Lee MM90 Tremolo
59 - Sterling Silver
10 - Maple fretboard, plain/natural headstock
10 - Blue Swirl Pickguard
CS - Case
CR - Chrome hardware

Cool Pete, I guess I was wrong about it being after market. Don't remember seeing to many with that PG.

Glenn |B)

PeteDuBaldo

Cool Pete, I guess I was wrong about it being after market. Don't remember seeing to many with that PG.

Glenn |B)

Well, there's one reason it was discontinued hahaha
There was also a "python" color pickguard around that time, I'm not sure if I ever saw one of those in person. I did have a Gold Swirl and Orange Swirl come through.

GWDavis28

Well, there's one reason it was discontinued hahaha
There was also a "python" color pickguard around that time, I'm not sure if I ever saw one of those in person. I did have a Gold Swirl and Orange Swirl come through.

I remember seeing a Python one online I think. I remember the Orange Swirl, the gold must have been pretty similar.

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

Fresh pics of my original AL.... the one that started it all for me.
Still rocking the older Railhammer '90s and sounding fabulous!
Did just acquire a set of the new versions of these pups... will post pics & results when I get time to swap them out.

Rd4nA7C.jpg

GrX4h6r.jpg

GWDavis28

Kimbra, AL, from "Girls Rock" auction a while ago. Looks like you didn't want the volume and tone messed with.

d2dj5efg2icjrz0wlsuz.jpg

Glenn |B)

Tollywood

F27-E9388-FFED-4-C29-A6-A4-8232-C591-E271.png

B37926-DB-B4-E4-4-A44-ADFF-5878-AC0805-FD.jpg

11731-B20-3-ED8-4-F13-ABD4-DE7-B21-C59109.jpg

1995 Artist Relations Albert Lee.

I assume that means it was kept in the vault and when music royalty visited the factory they were allowed to play it.

This is the lightest guitar that I have ever held in my life. I don’t have a scale.

Last edited:

GWDavis28

DAMN MAN, I though this was the post of the Gold Glitter AL!!!!

Your on a roll. Super nice snag!!!!

Glenn |B)

Tollywood

Thank you, guys! The body is a single slab of swamp ash and it’s heavily flamed when you look down at it the skinny way.

xjbebop

Love the natural finish, but I'm lucky to have my trans gold AL. Similar to yours with a very light one piece body, and I still get to see the grain...

4RytHBQ.jpg

J6ALr0T.jpg

adL73wc.jpg

Top Bottom