• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
By the way, though, i really like duck eggs. Why can't chickens just make their eggs like that?

There are a few explanations for this.

1. FMIC bought the chickens out and the eggs have sucked ever since.
2. Gibson bought the chickens and everyone knows the quality has fallen precipitously.
3. The chickens are now all made in Asia and everyone knows what that means.
4. The eggs from pre-1965 chickens were way better.

brash47

Just fyi, the Sterling hasn't been discontinued. It is its own listing now though....and have they always had music-man sterling on the headstock?...I've never owned one.

Don't be fooled by how they worded the listing, it's not the "Sterling by MM" I thought that was the case when I looked at the website until I checked the price....definitely EBMM.

Sterling Collection | Ernie Ball Music Man

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

five7

That is great news and so much better than talking about eggs.

RayFan

Serious question: Anyone have any inside info or rumors on whether MM is going to bring out any desirable colors/hardware options this year? The 2021 colors/hardware so far is some of the ugliest Stingrays I've ever seen. I was looking at add another Stringray to my gigging stable this year, but I'm not about to be go playing a purple glitter 'Ray with gold hardware. Can you imagine showing up to a rehearsal with something like that?

I was thinking possibly this is all Covid-related - maybe MM is trying to clear out ugly hardware/paint inventory, or perhaps there has been a materials/labor shortage, and so they're assembling and shipping out what's left in the warehouse?

Seriously, not even a single bass offered in the traditional black/chrome configuration, no natural finish, no good woodgrain finishes like the nice burnt amber, no charging green, etc.

Anyone know if this is as good as is gets for 2021, and our only option is buying used?

Edmang

Serious question: Anyone have any inside info or rumors on whether MM is going to bring out any desirable colors/hardware options this year? The 2021 colors/hardware so far is some of the ugliest Stingrays I've ever seen. I was looking at add another Stringray to my gigging stable this year, but I'm not about to be go playing a purple glitter 'Ray with gold hardware. Can you imagine showing up to a rehearsal with something like that?

I was thinking possibly this is all Covid-related - maybe MM is trying to clear out ugly hardware/paint inventory, or perhaps there has been a materials/labor shortage, and so they're assembling and shipping out what's left in the warehouse?

Seriously, not even a single bass offered in the traditional black/chrome configuration, no natural finish, no good woodgrain finishes like the nice burnt amber, no charging green, etc.

Anyone know if this is as good as is gets for 2021, and our only option is buying used?

Colors are difficult things and are never something that is going to please everyone. I like the new colors. It is frustrating if you are in the market for something right now and the colors offered are not your cup of tea. But there is still new stock of last year's models available if you look around.

brash47

Look here for a new bass. There are plenty of options, these guys ship fast, no credit/no interest payments if you need. Pay as you play.

They get BFR's quickly. I've had nothing but good purchases from these guys. 3 EBMM basses.....

Electric Bass Guitars from Ernie Ball Music Man | zZounds

Brash

Holy S***, I just noticed they are selling Bongos now. I have NEVER seen them carry those. Damnit...its about to be 4 basses....a 4 string bongo is what I've been looking for!!!!! DAMNIT!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MarcMurder

and yes 2.0 because im just about to order a hot pink bongo pretty soon unless there is a new model coming out like a sterling special or something new

danny-79

and yes 2.0 because im just about to order a hot pink bongo pretty soon unless there is a new model coming out like a sterling special or something new

I’d go for a Hot Pink SR4 if I could find one in the UK or within reasonable no hassle shipping distance

strummer

Enormous Member
Burnt ends is like the most awesome sb ever, just wow!
Also, the frost green looks amazing.
And while I'm more of a "look at me" kind of on stage person, I think the all black would work wonderfully if I was required to disappear into the background.

I love eggs, chicken eggs mostly. With Kalles Kaviar. On knäckebröd.

Morrow

I was reading that ash wasn't used because of shortages a couple of years ago and was wondering if it is back . Or are the bodies from poplar ?

Top Bottom