• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Poppa

couple things since I was the lead on this with Annie....Understand that it is human nature to resist change. We expect it.
2 Social media is on borrowed time...seriously too much venom and needless judgement , lack of due process

heres where I sit...Everyone gets their opinion. Some are true buyers..some are people who will never buy a elevated made in usa guitar. It's a venom outlet.

If we took something away I would understand just a little...but yesterday was still easter and you will still hopefully have your birthday and there is another choice for guitarists.

So on the guitar...I couldnt be more excited at the team....the pickups are so good and I think the sonics will in the end drive this guitars success.

On the price...I dont want to argue about this...but we cant make guitars at the old prices....everything has gone up so much. Making semi custom guitars and paying a living wage makes these prices what they are.

darren

I have to admit, when the first St. Vincent model came out, I had no idea who Annie Clark was, and had never heard her music.

I looked into her at the time and thought she was quirky and different, but cool. Over the last few years, her music has really grown on me, and I've been extremely impressed with her thoughtful and articulate responses in interviews. I'm a fan. And now I find myself really into her guitars as well, and hope to try one out once things open up a bit more.

"Sell your own myth, but never buy it." – Annie Clark

That is some serious wisdom.

I'm LOVING the reversed headstock on the new model. With the pickguard, it has almost a Firebird-esque vibe. Interesting that she's now gone to a more conventional 5-way switching scheme.

Last edited:

St_G

Are the pickups voiced like Gold Foils or is that just an aesthetic thing? Or, I suppose more generally, how do these new pickups differ from the Dimarzio pups in the og HHH?

So on the guitar...I couldnt be more excited at the team....the pickups are so good and I think the sonics will in the end drive this guitars sucess

St_G

I love the the headstock; a smidge more ambivalent on the pickguard - it def evokes the Firebird, which dials up the 70s vibe, but I like the original one too.

All in all, I'm... interested, but not totally sold, if only because when I showed it to my wife and said "I may need one of these" she answered "you already have one."

I'm LOVING the reversed headstock on the new model. With the pickguard, it has almost a Firebird-esque vibe. Interesting that she's now gone to a more conventional 5-way switching scheme.

jayjayjay

She can in fact shred. Nobody is obligated to like her music. The detractors who claim she doesn't deserve the model are delusional.

I think the haters also have this view that only folks who demonstrate absolute mastery of the guitar (usually by shredding) should have/deserve a signature model (to say nothing of sexism...). I imagine we can all think of people who are virtuosic, but don't have a signature model.

The problem is, these people don't understand the point of a signature model - it's marketing, pure and simple. A manufacturer decides to make a signature model because the player in question has a following, and giving them a signature model will likely translate into more guitar sales. That's it. Proficiency really is incidental. You don't get handed an endorsement deal, let alone signature model, just because you can shred better than Yngwie Malmsteen if no one knows who you are.

So I'm not misunderstood, I'm not commenting on St. Vincent's guitar chops. I haven't listened to enough of her material to judge. But she's undeniably creative, and has worked hard pursuing her passion to build a fan base. I'm glad to see that spilling over into some creative thinking in guitar design - I think we can all benefit.

TheSash

So on the guitar...I couldnt be more excited at the team....the pickups are so good and I think the sonics will in the end drive this guitars success.

I love the guitar and I contacted my dealer today to preorder one.

Can you tell us more about the pickups please?
Compared to the Dimarzio mini humbuckers?
Thank you!
Cheers
Sash

Anacharsis

couple things since I was the lead on this with Annie....Understand that it is human nature to resist change. We expect it.
2 Social media is on borrowed time...seriously too much venom and needless judgement , lack of due process

heres where I sit...Everyone gets their opinion. Some are true buyers..some are people who will never buy a elevated made in usa guitar. It's a venom outlet.

If we took something away I would understand just a little...but yesterday was still easter and you will still hopefully have your birthday and there is another choice for guitarists.

On the price...I dont want to argue about this...but we cant make guitars at the old prices....everything has gone up so much. Making semi custom guitars and paying a living wage makes these prices what they are.
Well said, and well done!

This model isn't for me, but I don't doubt for a second that it will be another huge success. I love and am so grateful to have my Polaris White St. Vincent (original all rosewood neck) and my Charcoal Sparkle HH. Just monster guitars that I play every day.

Last edited:

Shadowvault

Do be honest i really dont like her music. I have listened to all of her music multiple times. I really dont think she is something special, but thats just my opinion. I have to say though that her signature guitar is maybe my favorite shape ever. I like the original version. I hope they release more because i have a hard time finding polaris whites in the used market. Do we know anything about that?

Also it seems that the bridge is like the petrucci's models. So if i go to a prof. luthier would a floating bridge be an easy mod?

St_G

No mod needed. I've got the bridge on mine floating a bit. Just loosen the screws on the claw until it's where you want it.

Edit: or you can just remove a spring, but that gives you much less granular control and it drastically changes the feel of the trem.

Last edited:

Anacharsis

Do be honest i really dont like her music. I have listened to all of her music multiple times. I really dont think she is something special, but thats just my opinion. I have to say though that her signature guitar is maybe my favorite shape ever. I like the original version. I hope they release more because i have a hard time finding polaris whites in the used market. Do we know anything about that?

Also it seems that the bridge is like the petrucci's models. So if i go to a prof. luthier would a floating bridge be an easy mod?
You've listened through all seven studio albums multiple times, despite not liking the first one or two the first time you heard it? Unusual approach. Not sure if I am impressed or a little freaked out. :)

But hey, nothing is for everyone. I like her stuff a lot, in part because of how varied it is. I really like her creative sensibility.

tbonesullivan

You've listened through all seven studio albums multiple times, despite not liking the first one or two the first time you heard it? Unusual approach. Not sure if I am impressed or a little freaked out. :)

But hey, nothing is for everyone. I like her stuff a lot, in part because of how varied it is. I really like her creative sensibility.
One thing about her is that she's constantly reinventing herself, her sound, and her image. You can love one album, and then really have no reaction to the next one.

Shadowvault

Yes, exactly. Is there another way to form an opinion? 😅
I just wanted to see what was all the fuss about plus i loved the signature model, so...
I do that with multiple artists. Trying to discover stuff. As mentioned in another comment (im bad with forum quotes) two albums from the same artist can be completely different.

Astrofreq

It reminds me of a drummer I used to play with that didn't like the Beatles because he couldn't get into Ringo's drumming. Talk about missing the point if only "shredders" are the only ones considered to be good music.

BTW, Ringo rules.

pollux

Would love to know how these pickups compare to the original! Is it just a visual difference?

pollux

*-My 2016 STV balances fine, but is on the heavier side of things (closer to 8lbs than 7 1/2) so I do worry a *little* about how going to a lighter body might affect things on a model that people often say suffers from neck dive.

Mine is just under 7lbs and it's fine with a leather strap! Will be really interesting to know how much these new models weigh.

St_G

Who else still wants to hear more about the new pickups? Sound off.

pollux

Dying for some info on these new pickups! Somebody must know something, right? Tempted to open up a support request. :)

St_G

My official guess is that the gold foil is just a cosmetic thing and there's a regular minihumbucker underneath. But I'm still very curious as to what voicing differences the team was aiming for, vs the DiMarzios.

Top Bottom