• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

John C

Just saw on a online group that dealers can't reveal them until 13 July.

That makes some sense - there is finally going to be a NAMM show next week (July 15-16); while the roster of companies attending is smaller than usual for a summer NAMM (Summer is always smaller than Winter, and it's COVID truncated on top of that) it seems like a lot of manufacturers are holding their product announcements until the week of the 12th.

tbonesullivan

That makes some sense - there is finally going to be a NAMM show next week (July 15-16); while the roster of companies attending is smaller than usual for a summer NAMM (Summer is always smaller than Winter, and it's COVID truncated on top of that) it seems like a lot of manufacturers are holding their product announcements until the week of the 12th.

YEP! All about TIMING. You want the buzz coming into the show to get the orders from the dealers. Reveal them too soon and then people stop talking about them. Also they may want to coordinate a reveal to make sure that some are available at the time.

fogman

And Foggy, is it all that you thought it would be?

Agreed that top does totally suck!!!

Glenn |B)

I was hoping for a matching headstock; but it's just gorgeous. I think I can over it. Haha.
I think I'm liking the flame over the quilt. Both beautiful though.

tbonesullivan

If this is indeed the guitar, I really hope matching headstock is an option.

I haven't seen matching translucent finishes with roasted maple necks. It's nearly impossible to get the color right due to the darker roasted maple. I've only seen it on opaque finishes.

To get it to match, EBMM would need to put a veneer on the headstock.

fogman

I haven't seen matching translucent finishes with roasted maple necks. It's nearly impossible to get the color right due to the darker roasted maple. I've only seen it on opaque finishes.

To get it to match, EBMM would need to put a veneer on the headstock.

That was my thought.
Would still prefer a birdseye maple with matching headstock, but baked is the current trend. It is what it is.
I'm plenty happy with this offering. Can't wait to see more.

Top Bottom