• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Something I discovered. The neck carve is thicker and more rounded on this one than on the Cherry Punch. Very noticeable to me. Along with the rest of the goodness in this one the Cherry Punch was sent back. I’m one happy AL owner. :)
I would think if it were made for someone that they wanted the neck their way. Still a great snag and you can always swap the neck if needed.

Glenn |B)

edhalen

I would think if it were made for someone that they wanted the neck their way. Still a great snag and you can always swap the neck if needed.

Glenn |B)
Oh yeah I'll bet that was the case. I love this neck carve better than what I would consider the "standard" AL neck. When compared to the
Cherry Punch I had I could really tell the difference - in a good way :). I'm a happy camper. No need to change anything.

edhalen

Update for anyone who cares out there :)….. Just got off of the phone with the great CS folks at EBMM. Apparently this is most certainly a one-off for artist relations. Someone liked the green sparkle BFR AL from March of last year but wanted different color etc. Okoume body, SS frets (as I thought) and the rest we know from the my investigation. As beej put it this is turning out to be the perfect guitar. Loving it!

PeterVV

As Gas hits one place I turn to for relief is the GC used section. Many a bargain can be had there if the timing is right. Anywho, I spotted this one there a few days ago and sure enough our AL fanatic xjbebop had posted a link to it in the Ebay/Craigslist section. I figured what the heck. The price was right and it was a HSS configuration. Either a one-off for someone or someone's mod. I figured the latter. Well, I was WRONG! This bad boy is a factory one-off. For whom I have no idea. Here's the factory info on the S/N:

Serial #H01516
ManufacturedOctober 22nd, 2021
Build Code929-ST-10-09-CS-C1
ModelA_LEE_HSS_TRM HDWE KIT

I'm assuming HDWE kit means hardware kit. Not sure what that spec represents. One thing I noticed immediately is that the frets are larger and taller than on the Cherry Punch BFR sitting behind me (that's a NGD for another day :) ). They also appear to be stainless. Also, you'll notice it's a plain non-roasted Maple neck and fretboard. Now, to the guts. Have a look. :) Notice the p/n on the HB pickup. It's the custom DiMarzio from the AL HH/Axis. That truly made my day. Lastly, this guitar has barely been touched! The plastic is still on the pickguard and back plate. Nothing came off on the wonder wipe when I cleaned the neck and fret board. Save for the one ding pictured below it is in as-new condition! Amazing. What a lucky day for me. :)

View attachment 39209 View attachment 39210 View attachment 39211 View attachment 39212 View attachment 39213
Nice, would look better imo if the plastics were all white

Ventanaman

As Gas hits one place I turn to for relief is the GC used section. Many a bargain can be had there if the timing is right. Anywho, I spotted this one there a few days ago and sure enough our AL fanatic xjbebop had posted a link to it in the Ebay/Craigslist section. I figured what the heck. The price was right and it was a HSS configuration. Either a one-off for someone or someone's mod. I figured the latter. Well, I was WRONG! This bad boy is a factory one-off. For whom I have no idea. Here's the factory info on the S/N:

Serial #H01516
ManufacturedOctober 22nd, 2021
Build Code929-ST-10-09-CS-C1
ModelA_LEE_HSS_TRM HDWE KIT

I'm assuming HDWE kit means hardware kit. Not sure what that spec represents. One thing I noticed immediately is that the frets are larger and taller than on the Cherry Punch BFR sitting behind me (that's a NGD for another day :) ). They also appear to be stainless. Also, you'll notice it's a plain non-roasted Maple neck and fretboard. Now, to the guts. Have a look. :) Notice the p/n on the HB pickup. It's the custom DiMarzio from the AL HH/Axis. That truly made my day. Lastly, this guitar has barely been touched! The plastic is still on the pickguard and back plate. Nothing came off on the wonder wipe when I cleaned the neck and fret board. Save for the one ding pictured below it is in as-new condition! Amazing. What a lucky day for me. :)

View attachment 39209 View attachment 39210 View attachment 39211 View attachment 39212 View attachment 39213
Congrats on the great find!

Top Bottom