• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
If you read back in this thread I addressed this. vBulletin's calendar.php is a known apache exploit meaning we can't allow access to it, to protect the website. I'm planning on setting up some sort of calendar in the future, when it's not battle of the bands season.

bassmonkeee

Dargin said:
I'm not gonna let the wookie win tonight in pool. Just think Wookies drink rasberry Smirnoff.........

At the risk of looking like a total nerd, it's spelled "Wookiee." :eek:

AnthonyD

CodeMonkey said:
If you read back in this thread I addressed this. vBulletin's calendar.php is a known apache exploit meaning we can't allow access to it, to protect the website. I'm planning on setting up some sort of calendar in the future, when it's not battle of the bands season.
Whoops! My bad! :eek:

skabassist13

So I'm curious CodeMokey. Do you have most common internet browsers on your computer so that you can check to make sure your work is compatible with them? Or do you just use your superior monkey knowledge and make it work with all browsers and not have to check it?

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
I have access to almost every platform other than Windows here, and I can use just about any browser here except IE for Windows. Often, I use an instant messenger client to ask people in Canada, Europe and Asia to look at the site in different browsers and such (and to get an idea of what things look like in Windows) and report back to me so I can see how the site performs for people in far away places.

The current designs on the ernieball.com are tabled designs so they work on just about anything. The code and design was done prior to my employment here. The Battle of the Bands website is done with a CSS based layout and as such I fight browsers all day long with that site. Fix something for one browser, break it for another. That's the price you pay for nice, semantic markup.

Remember all the pretty stuff you see and the layout on the website is done by our stellar artists and designers in the art department. I just do the behind the scenes stuff with the code.

And occasionally I create an error that makes my boss email people a hell of a lot of times and on those days I'm just a CodeLemur.

sandman@midlife

I'd love to saee the Bongo included on the "Build an Instrument" section. Without it, I'm left with only an "Order an Instrument" option.

Which I've done.

And patiently waiting....

bovinehost

Administrator
Let's Not Denigrate the Lemur, Eh?

DURHAM, N.C. -- Until now, primatologists believed lemurs to be primitive, ancient offshoots of the primate family tree, with far less intelligence than their more sophisticated cousins, monkeys, apes and humans. But at the Duke University Primate Center, with the gentle touch of his nose to a computer screen, the ringtail lemur called Aristides is teaching psychologist Elizabeth Brannon a startling scientific lesson -- that lemurs are, indeed, intelligent creatures.....

More Exciting Lemur News Here.

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
Bah! Ring tailed tree rats I say!

sandman@midlife the designers and CodeMonkey are working on doing just that not too long from now. Are you kidding? I want to build a Bongo with the Instrument Builder too!

Chewie

Forum Upgrades

I just installed a product on the forums to help with SEO. If you don't know what that is then you probably wouldn't want to or care anyways.

One thing you might notice is all the URLs within the forum are different. That's supposed to happen. If the new URLs don't work though that isn't supposed to happen.

If you guys notice anything unusual with the forums that you think might be a bug let me know.

Thanks,

Chewie

azzy_wazzy

Oooh - I'm not sure if I want my posts to be easier to find on Google ;) I get in enough trouble as it is!!! :D

Bass-sic

Hi....I liked when you used to be able to put your cursor over the title and you could read the first couple of lines of the post without opening it. It doesn't work that way anymore...is there anyway to allow that feature again?

Bass-sic

HI....I can't log in when I use my other computer. When I log in the screen goes to a "Thanks for logging in Bass-sic" page and then when its redirected...it goes to a forum page showing that I am NOT logged in. Can you fix that?

Chewie

My guess is that may be a browser issue? Off the top of my head I'd guess that cookies were diasabled or something. Can you give a little more info, like Browser used and version. OS too.

Bass-sic

My guess is that may be a browser issue? Off the top of my head I'd guess that cookies were diasabled or something. Can you give a little more info, like Browser used and version. OS too.

I have internet explorer 6.0 and that computer is running on windows xp. The same exact software I am using on this computer now. My other computer is a laptop and I don't have problems logging onto any other site...just this one. And again it shows on the screen that I'm logged in for a second...then when it redirects me....it logs me off again.

Top Bottom