• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ozzyrules

Drew,
I'm in the aviation industry. Some of our noise canceling headsets utilize batteries but some are powered by the actual plug-in jack. I know that there have been a ton of 'battery-life' questions. Have you considered such technology? Is it even an option. I hate batteries !

drewbixcubed

Drew,
I'm in the aviation industry. Some of our noise canceling headsets utilize batteries but some are powered by the actual plug-in jack. I know that there have been a ton of 'battery-life' questions. Have you considered such technology? Is it even an option. I hate batteries !

Ozz...we have considered many options for power, and have come up with what we feel is a VERY efficient power scheme, using USB and/or some of the cheapest, most efficient, readily available world-wide batteries out there (AA).

As for powering the instrument from the jack...do you mean the audio cable from the amp? If that were to be the case, your amp would have to actually send power from it's input, which is very rare if it even exists (I have never seen it). Also, you could not use the audio conductor of the cable, so you would have to at least use a TRS if not a custom cable as well.

We love the idea of one cable for power and audio, but it is not very common, and would also require us to rely on other manufacturer's products for quality power specifications.

Long-winded answer, but hopefully informative.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Pickups don't need power. They are passive devices. They produce a tiny signal which the amplifier amplifies. All the power goes one direction and that is toward the speaker. I can't think of a single guitar amplifier that can power any device through the input jack. It's not a question of the guitar or gamechanger, the amplifier itself would have to be designed to do so.

Don't drink and post! :D

brokenvail

Two questions. I think I read that the HSH model has uncovered pups for looks because the covered pups with uncovered single coil didn't look that good. Is that also the reason why there are no pup rings on the HSH? I love those pup rings.

#2 can we get an update on how thing are coming along? I think last word is that you guys were waiting on approvals and lic. ect. I realiaze that may still be the case.

drewbixcubed

Brokenvail....As of now we have no pickup rings planned for the HSH, and yes they are uncovered....just as they are in the pics online. As for an update, things are heating up in a good way!!! Certifications have proven to be quite lengthy, but all is well!!!

Two questions. I think I read that the HSH model has uncovered pups for looks because the covered pups with uncovered single coil didn't look that good. Is that also the reason why there are no pup rings on the HSH? I love those pup rings.

#2 can we get an update on how thing are coming along? I think last word is that you guys were waiting on approvals and lic. ect. I realiaze that may still be the case.

jvh

Ok so I'm hoping someone can answer my ignorant question... Does the game changer allow for the simulation of different pickups ie a hotter pickup? I mean the pickup wiring I'm sure is fixed, but if you change the signal strength or direction polarity I don't see how this would actually change the pickup from a hotter or colder pickup. I realize you can change the parallel series and probably strength of polarity based upon limiting the signal from the plug. I mean on the gamechanger let's say you want a really hot scooped evh sound, but then want a more even petrucci sound. Aren't the pickup sounds controlled a lot by the magnets and wiring. A slash alnico vs say a evh pickup is way different... So can we expect tonal possibilities from both these spectrums?

Also, what is the math for the number of pickup combinations? Ok so my understanding is you can use each coil as a single or a use double coils or triple or quadruple plus you can use these in parallel or series in phase out of phase etc?

Last edited:

LilSteve

Sorry if I missed it, was the GC going to be offered w/ full rosewood neck in either HH or HSH config? (can u tell I dig on the rosewood?) :)

Top Bottom