• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fivestrings

Ok, so I just got my VP JR 25 #6181 for active pickups, as I have 2 Musicman Stingray 5's. Both my GK amps have an active and passive input on them. I typically run my bass into the active jack (padded) in order to get a cleaner sound.

Now the question, with the addition of this pedal does this pad the signal prior to the amp input or is this pad on the pedal just to better control the active volume. Should I plug the output of the pedal into the active jack still, or do I now need to plug it into the passive jack.

Not sure I got the correct pedal.

pete bass

This is a good topic where you may get different opinions....Mine is that i never use the Db cut pad/input on my Ampeg or Ashdown when using the effects line, Compressor, Chorus and the Boss digital wah from my SR4 HP or SR5 H, But on my TClectronic this is done automatically by sensors in the amp circuit.....P

drewbixcubed

With the setup you described, the 25K VPJR acts exactly like the volume know on your bass. You can use either the volume pot on the bass, or the pedal to perform the same function. Therefore, you can plug your pedal in the same way you did your bass.

The VPJRs are passive and don't have any buffering.

Fivestrings

With the setup you described, the 25K VPJR acts exactly like the volume know on your bass. You can use either the volume pot on the bass, or the pedal to perform the same function. Therefore, you can plug your pedal in the same way you did your bass.

The VPJRs are passive and don't have any buffering.

I bought the 25K Pedal, for Active instruments
Ernie Ball | Pedals - VP Jr 25K for use with Active Electronics

So this pedal is still passive it just takes the active input?

drewbixcubed

So this pedal is still passive it just takes the active input?

The pedal is passive, but is designed to work with active electronics. The 25K pot has a lower impedance than say a 250K or 500K pot, thus making it work better with the lower impedance outputs of an active preamp.

Top Bottom