• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

I bought mine a little over a year ago and I must say it's really growing on me. The tonal capabilities are unbelievable. It takes some time to get used to the switches and different possibilities, but it's totally worth it!

Due to the known reason, I haven't been able to gig it yet, but I'm really looking forward to taking it on stage!

Twan, love the BFR 12th fret inlay on that one!!! Artist model???

attachment.php

Glenn |B)

BUC

it wasnt a mistake the public didnt accept it. It is still one of my proudest products The 20th silo i sin that group

the biggest mistake/failure of my career was the gamechanger.

I still stand by it but guitarists were terrified at the flexability.

Absolutely love my Gamechanger. I have considered buying a second one. I literally can't gig without it.

I guess since I started out my musical life as a keyboard player, technology never scared me. I used to use a variax a lot too, but the GC really sounds better in almost all situations.

My 25th is also still one of my most played guitars.

DrewH

One of the ultimate regrets of my guitar life was this one day 3 years ago when I walked into the Daytona Beach Florida Guitar Center and on the wall was a almost dead mint 25th with flame top and trem. I hesitated and it was gone a few days later. They had it for $1400 which was a steal IMO. The employee asked me if that was a good price and I of course had my poker face on. But, I knew that was worth it and then some and I regret not grabbing it on the spot. But, it was a time in my life when I was trying to finish a 6 year long complete house renovation so I could sell it and return back to the northeast. However, if I could turn back the clock, that guitar would have gone home with me that day. I hope some of these discontinued models can come back to life as limited vault releases.

click track

One of the ultimate regrets of my guitar life was this one day 3 years ago when I walked into the Daytona Beach Florida Guitar Center and on the wall was a almost dead mint 25th with flame top and trem. I hesitated and it was gone a few days later. They had it for $1400 which was a steal IMO. The employee asked me if that was a good price and I of course had my poker face on. But, I knew that was worth it and then some and I regret not grabbing it on the spot. But, it was a time in my life when I was trying to finish a 6 year long complete house renovation so I could sell it and return back to the northeast. However, if I could turn back the clock, that guitar would have gone home with me that day. I hope some of these discontinued models can come back to life as limited vault releases.

Yes, I completely get this. I truly regret selling my Reflex, it was so versatile, sounded so incredibly good. Y'all heard this before from me... when I’m done putting my Son through college / spring 2022, I am buying back every single model and will not care one bit what the price is........................

fbecir

funny if you think that almost everybody relies on ICs, microchips and whatnot in their phones and pc's, but as soon as it's in a guitar they won't even try it LOL

There is a big difference : I know that I will change my phone every 3 or 4 years, because the technology evolves (and the battery dies ...).
But when I buy a guitar (especially an expensive one), I hope to play it till my dying day (not soon I hope !).

I will never buy a guitar that I cannot fix myself with a reasonable amount of efforts.
The GC (or the Majesty) will be unfixable in 20 years.

mr mojo

I couldn't agree more.
That' s why the Reflex / 25th Anniversary should pass the test of time.

threeminutesboy

There is a big difference : I know that I will change my phone every 3 or 4 years, because the technology evolves (and the battery dies ...).
But when I buy a guitar (especially an expensive one), I hope to play it till my dying day (not soon I hope !).

I will never buy a guitar that I cannot fix myself with a reasonable amount of efforts.
The GC (or the Majesty) will be unfixable in 20 years.
+1

I still remember BP saying that with people like me we would still drive 2CV.

As much as I love the GC concept I would freak out not being able to manage the pickup routing in 20 years cause the website s no longer supported or all USB are replaced with USB C. A guitar is not a computer and should last longer.

But I love my 25th anniversary, no battery, no IC ;)

roburado

Simplicity is a good thing. I was tempted to sell my JP6, which has no options whatsoever, but I think I might keep it for its simplicity.

Slick64

I just picked one up on Reverb, hoping these necks aren’t too different than my Axis guitars.

Lax

Well, I guess a majesty in 20 years would be repaired like any guitars, rip the guts out, put new guts, play :D

fogman

I just picked one up on Reverb, hoping these necks aren’t too different than my Axis guitars.

You'll definitely love it! From what I recall, they're pretty much the same neck but wider in the right spots.

Slick64

Depending on how nice this is, I may have to move a few more EBMM guitars.

BUC

+1

I still remember BP saying that with people like me we would still drive 2CV.

As much as I love the GC concept I would freak out not being able to manage the pickup routing in 20 years cause the website s no longer supported or all USB are replaced with USB C. A guitar is not a computer and should last longer.
I think we're already almost there with lack of support on the web app?

However, I'd still buy one, just don't overpay for it, because there's a good chance you're going to have to replace some of the electronics someday. It will still be a reflex with a piezo and a lot of switches to give you options.

fogman

Geez, Foggy! Almost 12,000 posts! I have some serious catching up to do! :)

Haha. I haven't posted much in recent years. Aside from that, there was way more of a post count. Some years back I didn't have a Music Man, posted a zillion questions about them, blah blah blah.... Then it became a thing where I verbally said (or someone said) that I needed to get a damn Music Man before I hit 10,000 posts.
I posted a lot and that became a problem. So I was deleting old posts, and made alternate profile personalities to avoid the 10,000. lol. Good times.
So in truth, I should probably have about 14,000-15,000. :p

Top Bottom