• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PeteDuBaldo

I have had a few emails asking about sound/playability so here it goes:

I brought in my y2d today and played the two side by side. I like the sound and feel of the PDN package more than the regular y2d. Why? The PDN seemed to have a clearer tone overall (most noticeable on the neck pickup) whereas on the original model the neck pickup was a bit loose on the bottom end. The bridge on the PDN was not quite as in-your-face with the high frequencies as the original, but the harmonics were available all over the place - I almost thought they strung it with cobalts! The feel of the neck with stainless frets made my jaw drop, and the PDN was so much lighter than my guitar that I didn't want to put it down. To be honest, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do but it was as if this guitar hit me between the eyes with a 2x4 and said "TAKE ME NOW"

If I had the cash this one would be coming home with me, even if it meant I would have to sell my first run y2d to make space for it.

roburado

Pete's spot-on in describing the guitar's sound and playability. In comparing the PDN Y2D to the Darklord, which shouldn't be too much different from a regular Y2D, I think Pete's description holds true. There's a certain clarity, punch, and focus to the tone in comparison to the Darklord. It's definitely got a tighter sound.

Roubster

That is amazing! Too bad I dont have cash this year for this guitar as well. I knew that these would be fantastic and predicted the tight and articulate tone of that wood combination. Personally that is my favorite combination of mahogany and maple neck.

Lou

It's the mahogany. My Koa JP is very harmonicly rich as well.

joe web

... I like the sound and feel of the PDN package more than the regular y2d. Why? The PDN seemed to have a clearer tone overall (most noticeable on the neck pickup) whereas on the original model the neck pickup was a bit loose on the bottom end. The bridge on the PDN was not quite as in-your-face with the high frequencies as the original, but the harmonics were available all over the place - I almost thought they strung it with cobalts! The feel of the neck with stainless frets made my jaw drop, and the PDN was so much lighter than my guitar that I didn't want to put it down....

you are 100% right, you wrote just down my thoughts about the regular vs. the PDN Y2D.
i think i need a second PDN...a hardtail Y2D would be the perfect match, but i know, you´re not allowed to ship overseas.

vTach120J

Pete,

Thanks for the SSS SILO! Thank you for posting my NGD picture as well, I plan on posting my reflex Game Changer which by the way is unreal! I love the different tones of both guitars.

Thanks again!

Luis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PeteDuBaldo

Pete,

Thanks for the SSS SILO! Thank you for posting my NGD picture as well, I plan on posting my reflex Game Changer which by the way is unreal! I love the different tones of both guitars.

Thanks again!

Luis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No problem Luis, thanks for the double-order!

I wonder who scored that one.........

Hmmm I wonder?

(I just can't get enough of this one so I'm posting another pic)
large.jpg

guitarp77

I spent some hours with my PDN yesterday, and it smokes. Absolutely killer.

The mahogany provides a deeper tone, and the neck is just INSANE. Roasted definitely is a life changing experience!

If all my guitars would be measured against the PDN, I´d be in serious trouble!

Top Bottom