• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Ahh ok I did wonder if it was because she was an EBMM artist. Well that's the answer then; get famous, get on the roster, hope they still have the paint ;)

Or buy a used one with the neck of choice, and have it painted the color you want. There are lots of places that will paint it in a similar Orange sparkle paint. Are you US located?

Marty Bell Marty Bell Finishing - PREMIER GUITAR FINISHING does a great job and few have had him refinish their AL's.

Hope that helps, Glenn |B)

gullymiles

I'm UK based, but I imagine there are good guitar finishers over here too. It's something to bear in mind for if I ever tire of trans walnut!

PeterVV

NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE Attraction tbh of the albert lee, never liked the shape, 3 pups?...go for a silo or cutlass, two buckers, loads of choice stingray/ etc. P90S might be interesting though?

Pott

NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE Attraction tbh of the albert lee, never liked the shape, 3 pups?...go for a silo or cutlass, two buckers, loads of choice stingray/ etc. P90S might be interesting though?

I personally find the shape very attractive; it's also a very comfortable guitar both sat down and standing-up, and is offered in Strat AND modern rock guitar formats.
The Rosewood-necked, HH models, whatever the cost, are absolutely fantastic instruments. The sound is balanced and has great body without being too dark, the Rosewood neck feels incredibly smooth. The pickups are just bright enough to make the tone-pot actually useful and cut through. The guitar is compact.

The Stingray feels very different to the AL HH and doesn't sound like.
The Cutlass, to me, feels even MORE different to the AL SSS.

As for why people on the Internet feel compelled to say out-loud why they don't like something and somehow justify it as if it wasn't entirely subjective the first place, I don't know... But I do know I love the AL.

Magic Jason

Since playing my first AL, I do not understand the attraction to any other guitar.
One day you shall understand my young padawan.

Spudmurphy

You need to play one!!!!

I wasn't (and still not believe it or not) enamored by the shape, but EVERYTHING else is perfect for me - it's tone has attracted a lot of compliments over the years

xjbebop

I didn't like the shape for a long time. Then one day I actually sat down with one and played it. Then I bought it and brought it home. Now I own....a bunch of them.
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it... it's bad form to publicly knock things you know nothing about.

Magic Jason

I didn't like the shape for a long time. Then one day I actually sat down with one and played it. Then I bought it and brought it home. Now I own....a bunch of them.
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it... it's bad form to publicly knock things you know nothing about.

When he says " a bunch", he means it!

PeterVV

Didnt knock it, just expressed my opinion, were all allowed them. I dont like the shape, and Im probably not alone, its all subjective.

Cenobyte

Or do what I did and go for the Albert Lee HH and then get rid of your Silo Special and grab a Cutlass later on... you may be forgetting the Cutlass and the Stingray are newer models in the current lineup, the AL was it's own thing for years :D My main is an AL HH, and I've also owned a AL P90 which didn't do anything for me, had a hard time cutting though with my band, so I moved on from that one.

I tend to call my AL my Jetsons guitar as it's a retro future look which people either get on board with or don't.. you're one of the don'ts it seems... to each their own, all I know is it feels and sounds amazing and it suits me on stage! :D

Attachments

• 50613546_10100592564001064_279586166057992192_o.jpg
    50613546_10100592564001064_279586166057992192_o.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

threeminutesboy

Didnt knock it, just expressed my opinion, were all allowed them. I dont like the shape, and Im probably not alone, its all subjective.
It’s all good you indeed can express that.

I was very reluctant on the shape too, until I tried one. I said it already but will repeat it for you, i thought the Stratocaster was the best designed guitar ever. After owning my Albert lee i can officially say that I was wrong. The AL is the most comfortable guitar. Period.

Yes shape is on weird side but who cares

Pott

Having an opinion does not mean you have to voice it. What validity is there to go to a thread about ALs and just go 'I don't like them'? That does not add value nor is conducive to a useful discussion.

Try something like 'hey, I never really got the shape of these, what models would you guys advise me to try and see what they're all about?' for example. That involves all your audience towards helping you and towards expressing our passion about this model.

Everyone on here would absolutely love nothing more than to talk about why we love the AL model :) I'm sure there's tons of insights you could gather from us, if you were willing to. Just make sure to phrase it that way rather than come to a thread to immediately dismiss its subject.

RSG

Having an opinion does not mean you have to voice it. What validity is there to go to a thread about ALs and just go 'I don't like them'? That does not add value nor is conducive to a useful discussion.

Try something like 'hey, I never really got the shape of these, what models would you guys advise me to try and see what they're all about?' for example. That involves all your audience towards helping you and towards expressing our passion about this model.

Everyone on here would absolutely love nothing more than to talk about why we love the AL model :) I'm sure there's tons of insights you could gather from us, if you were willing to. Just make sure to phrase it that way rather than come to a thread to immediately dismiss its subject.

I was just about to say the exact same thing, but you said it in a much nicer, more eloquent way.

xjbebop

Back to the point of this thread....

WnRuay9.jpg

2CzHy9k.jpg

i3NqGYA.jpg

KyuK2op.jpg

Top Bottom