• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

elmoreh13

This beauty arrives on Wednesday! Can't wait. :)

Attachments

• back far.jpg
    back far.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 196
  • back close.jpg
    back close.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 195
  • G81445-detail2-large.jpg
    G81445-detail2-large.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 195
  • G81445-detail1-large.jpg
    G81445-detail1-large.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 232
  • body angle.jpg
    body angle.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 213

Fro

Very nice! With the nicest, best feeling neck made. IMO

RichieZ

Congratulations! Gonna be a long two days and nights... I know that feeling.

elmoreh13

Thanks guys, will definitely post more pics when it arrives. I was looking at getting a new Tele and started to do some research remembering what great guitars EBMM makes. It's amazing how this beauty just flies under the radar. I guess EBMM sort of does in a way. The Valentine is an incredible instrument for sure. I'm betting this won't be my last EBMM either. I actually got a brand new Holeyboard DragonFly and Strymon Zuma power to redo my board too. This is my moving back to CA present. lol.

Glad to be a part of the family. :)

dalto

Congrats, the Valentine is a fantastic sounding guitar. Definitely one of my favorites.

agt

Congrats and welcome to the family! And welcome back to CA.

Impressive first post that demonstrates that you have studied the forum culture: pics of the new EBMM guitar before it has actually arrived! :D Looking forward to more photos after arrival -- that is if you can put that beauty down long enough to snap some photos.

Enjoy!

elmoreh13

Congrats and welcome to the family! And welcome back to CA.

Impressive first post that demonstrates that you have studied the forum culture: pics of the new EBMM guitar before it has actually arrived! :D Looking forward to more photos after arrival -- that is if you can put that beauty down long enough to snap some photos.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Yes, I'm moving back to San Diego where I was born and raised. Can't wait. Actually moving back to work on a kids tv show I am developing with a couple of producers. When I saw this guitar I had to have it. Was so close to getting a Telecaster Elite, but this was like such an intriguing guitar. Always loved EBMM anytime I jammed on one. Kind of surprised it took me this long to get one.

Sweetwater sent me their pics of the guitar as soon as it came in. They only got 1, so I was happy that my rep had reserved one for me. Kind of fun waiting on your guitar to be made. Like a custom shop guitar, but not the custom shop price tag. Always looked at EBMM as like custom shop guitars.

Where in CA are you? Rock on!

agt

I definitely agree with you on the custom shop comment. With some other manufacturers, you do have to go with their custom shop lines to find the same craftsmanship and quality that is standard on every EBMM.

The TV show development sounds exciting. Between that, a return home, and a new Valentine, I hope 2017 is a great year for you!

I am up the road in Orange County.

elmoreh13

I definitely agree with you on the custom shop comment. With some other manufacturers, you do have to go with their custom shop lines to find the same craftsmanship and quality that is standard on every EBMM.

The TV show development sounds exciting. Between that, a return home, and a new Valentine, I hope 2017 is a great year for you!

I am up the road in Orange County.

Sweet, and thank you. Yeah, we have worked our tails off on this show. We have been to Burbank quite a few times and needed to be closer to LA to work with some other people. Here's a link to our deck if you want to check it out. It's a really fun show to be part of. Yep, 2017 is going to be a great year. Plus, I'm a surfer and I'm chomping at the bit to get back in the CA waves.

Gilbert Rocks Deck 2017 by Harry Elmore on Prezi

Life is good. Have a great day in the OC!

spychocyco

Well, there is that initiation ceremony with the masks, the paddles and the peanut butter, but you'll find out about that eventually. :p

Seriously, though, welcome aboard and congrats on the new guitar. The neck on that thing is gorgeous, and the roasted necks are awesome to play.

elmoreh13

Well, there is that initiation ceremony with the masks, the paddles and the peanut butter, but you'll find out about that eventually. :p

Seriously, though, welcome aboard and congrats on the new guitar. The neck on that thing is gorgeous, and the roasted necks are awesome to play.

lol, nice, I will be ready. Yeah, the necks on EBMM are generally pretty amazing. I found this Valentine an amazing guitar all around. So blessed to be joining the club.

TripHazard

How are the stock 11s working out for you? i play Cobalt 9s generally, and wondered if 11s would be too much of a transition. What do you normally use?
Sweet piece btw.

elmoreh13

How are the stock 11s working out for you? i play Cobalt 9s generally, and wondered if 11s would be too much of a transition. What do you normally use?
Sweet piece btw.

What's up Trapper! So, I get my Valentine today and I know it comes with .11's on it. I will say that I play .10's on most of my guitars and do have .11's on one of my Gibsons. It is a bit of an adjustment, but I find the tone advantage to be totally worth it. If you tried 11's you could always tune flat to get a bit more slack in there. The cool part about the EBMM guitars is that they seem so ridiculously easy to play even with heavier strings on there.

Try the 11's, and if they are a bit too much, stick some 10's on there and rock it. I would say that give it a chance for hands to adjust. If you have played 9's forever it might take a little while to get used to a heavier gauge. I think once you get used to the heavier gauge you will not go back to 9's. I used to play 9's too and once I switched to 10's I never went back!

I'll post back once I have played my Valentine a bit! I'm pretty excited to get it today. Christmas in April. lol

Wahoonc

NGD is the best. Congrats and welcome. Nice git! ����

elmoreh13

NGD is the best. Congrats and welcome. Nice git! ����

Thanks my friend! Yeah, you know the moment when you are on the Fedex site checking the tracking number every 10 minutes to see if it's been delivered. lol

TripHazard

What's up Trapper! So, I get my Valentine today and I know it comes with .11's on it. I will say that I play .10's on most of my guitars and do have .11's on one of my Gibsons. It is a bit of an adjustment, but I find the tone advantage to be totally worth it. If you tried 11's you could always tune flat to get a bit more slack in there. The cool part about the EBMM guitars is that they seem so ridiculously easy to play even with heavier strings on there.

Try the 11's, and if they are a bit too much, stick some 10's on there and rock it. I would say that give it a chance for hands to adjust. If you have played 9's forever it might take a little while to get used to a heavier gauge. I think once you get used to the heavier gauge you will not go back to 9's. I used to play 9's too and once I switched to 10's I never went back!

I'll post back once I have played my Valentine a bit! I'm pretty excited to get it today. Christmas in April. lol

Thanks man, i shall take your advice and try it when i get my hands on a valentine. Next time i'm restringing i'll get a set of cobalt 10s on my albert to give em a whirl. OR i'll buy a set of 10s Paradigms and cover both bases at once :)

I tried 12s on my mates Blade and it felt bizzare! I also have the hands of a child so... - which is why i love ernie necks as they suit the smaller handed LOL

Wahoonc

Even better: when you're stretching and warming your fingers up while you wait. I always do that. Even when it's an amp

Let us know how the first date goes!

Top Bottom