• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bkrumme

Outside coils, definitely. The inside ones sound good, too, but they've got more of a parallel humbucker kind of vibe to them. One of the outside coils paired with the center single coil is where it's at for those tones.

Another cool thing I did was all 3 coils, both outside coils and the center, all in parallel. It's pretty cool, though the output is low. You get all the spank of the bridge coil, plus all the thickness of the neck coil.

beej

Oh wow! That's very cool, I never would have tried that with traditional wiring. (Whereas I'm about to wire up a split on my 25th ...) I would love to have the GC on that guitar. (It was a wedding present so is certainly not going anywhere.) Thanks.

Sweat

I'm surprised there aren't more owners out there. Keith, you didn't order one?

Nope I did not did not even try the ones at the show. Three things come into play on the GC. While I think it is a great concept and glad EBMM is doing it, the first is I do so much computer stuff on a daily basis and my playing skill set is minimal all the learning and preset stuff would give me tiredhead right now, second I am sure it is tested rigoursly but I am one to wait a year or two on new technology and third I am not a Reflex fan, if I was to ever get a GC it would need to be on an different model.

But go Game Changer be successful so it can be on another.:)

Hoffmann

I think I will order one soon!! I love the humbuckers in my Y2D, but also the SSS of my AL - this might be the perfect guitar to get the best possible combination of both worlds in one guitar!

Have some of you also played the HSH version or are you all only talking about the HH GC? I love the in between sounds of my AL and suppose the HSH is the best way to go. Am I right?

Did anyone of you have the chance to compare between HSH and HH?

Thanks for the cool invention!! :)

Cheers from Germany..
Marian

bkrumme

Mine is the HSH with Piezo. I can't compare between HSH and HH, but I can tell you if you want one guitar that can do both HH and SSS type tones, and so much more, this is it.

PeteDuBaldo

We've had both the HH and HSH come through, and I have an HH trem in front of me right now! The middle single coil on the HSH gives you the option for position 2 & 4 SSS-style sounds, and it also drives the total number of pickup wiring combinations through the roof. For me personally, my normal picking position has the tip of the pick right where the single coil is mounted so if I were to get a GC for myself it would be the HH model (for no other reason than I don't want to change my playing style for a given guitar).

dwells

Could u put a different pickup in the game changer? My only question on the GC is I basically use the bridge tone all the time for anything heavy, so how would the GC change that or open doors for a standard bridge tone?
:)
D
That's 2 questions ;)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Could u put a different pickup in the game changer? My only question on the GC is I basically use the bridge tone all the time for anything heavy, so how would the GC change that or open doors for a standard bridge tone?

Yes, I'm sure you could change out the pickups.

As for the tone, think out of the box. Today's non-standard bridge could become tomorrow standard bridge tone? :D
Did you look at the GC videos by Petrucci and Morse? Lots of tonal possibilities in many situations.

Hoffmann

I would order a GC Reflex HSH immediately if I wasn't so unsure about the future plans regarding having the GC as an option for other models... Would it be more likely that the system - if ever available for other models - be implemented as a whole (with the same pickups and same placing of the pickups as in the Reflex)? Or would it be more likely with the original PUs and placings of the other models?

For the perfect flexibility and in-between sounds I believe it would be the best for my needs to have the middle single coil right in the middle (in contrast to the "normal" Y2D PU positions...) The GC as it is right now in the body of a Y2D or AL... wow! If this is unlikely to ever happen, I will order one now. :)

I know that's all still up in the air but it's determining whether I should sell my house and my wife right now or in some years.. :)

brokenvail

there has been mention that it can be an addition down the line to other models but the words can and down the line both lead me to see get one now.

Dreadge

My question for BP is will this awesome technology be appearing on other models. Because I too think that the Reflex is a great platform for it, as it was mentioned in this tread, but I really wanna see it as a posibility for other models, mainly for Steve Morse model. I really like when Mr Morse said on Winter NAMM 2011 when he would very much like to have it on his SM Model and how many pickup combinations will it offer! I'm looking forward buying a new Music Man guitar in the near future, but still I think that I'm going to go with the BFR. If only there is a premium dealer in the Eastern Europe that can provide the Game Changer MM, that can convince me opposite, then I'm going for it! :D

ScreaminFloyd

I know this may sound crazy. But I love the Game Changer concept. I want to play one for myself to try it out. Most small guitar shops that carry Music Man guitars have a small inventory of what they think will sell....The crazy part is.. Would it be cost effective to send out Demo Game Changers to guitar Shops so players can play and make up their own mind ? I just cannot see anyone ordering blindly without playing it first.

Top Bottom