• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

lifeson1

Just heard from another forum member that Trans Gold was being discontinued, which may lead to the other crop for 2021. Any idea on what the new finishes might be? Or requests?

+1 for PURPLE!!!!

jlf599

Just heard from another forum member that Trans Gold was being discontinued, which may lead to the other crop for 2021. Any idea on what the new finishes might be? Or requests?

+1 for PURPLE!!!!

If purple came back, I'd be in trouble...especially since I finally talked my friend out of his red Axis :)

PeteDuBaldo

+1 for PURPLE!!!!

That is correct, Trans Gold, Natural Gloss, and Balboa Blue are discontinued, and the Axis as well as Axis SuperSport will get new finishes in 2021.

Fusionman

So what’s left? Black and white? I don’t understand the lack of finish options for a gtr selling in the 3k range.

Last edited:

mb99zz

I recall back when I bought my Axis Super Sport (2006ish) there were a ton of colors to choose from. I’m guessing that’s just not practical to do in this day and age.

Last edited:

wannarock8

EBMM's finishes are typically pretty dazzling. Both the solid colors, many of which are sparkle or flip flop types, and their clear finishes. I'm sure the new ones will be impressive.
I got a pair of Axis Super Sports this year so I'm set. But it will still be cool to see what they come out with. Some of us might kick ourselves for not waiting.

Last edited:

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
I’m sure it helps with production costs to not have endless finish options, plus it makes each year’s runs unique. If you see a finish you really like, you’re more likely to go ahead & make that purchase when you know it may not be available next year.

GoKart Mozart

I’m sure it helps with production costs to not have endless finish options, plus it makes each year’s runs unique. If you see a finish you really like, you’re more likely to go ahead & make that purchase when you know it may not be available next year.

I remember BP commenting on this several years back when they cut a bunch of colors from the lineup. More colors = more spray equipment, more maintenance and cleaning for the sprayers, etc.

Flyingdutchman

Good thing I ordered my gold in October! But I would love to see Trans green, black, pink etc... All the really rare EVH signature colors. Would be a nice little nod to Eddie ��

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Sorry for not getting information out sooner, but here's some Axis news...

Our CURRENT PLAN has four Axis models for 2021. We plan on releasing two new production finishes (updated features as well) in July. At the end of the year we plan to have two BFR Axis. One will be low quantities + tricked out and the other will be more in line with a regular BFR run.

Top Bottom