• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

3.jpg

"WENGE WOOD NECK" .... OUTstanding!!! :)

The only thing wrong with this series is that I don't see any fuzzy AL's.... :(

St_G

I'm most intrigued by the two St. Vincent models coming up. November's looks a lot like the Island Burst finish that I've seen on Reverb before (a NAMM show one off, or somesuch?) but December's looks like Vincent Blue, so I'm VERY curious to see what makes it special.

NOV:

bfr-coming-soon_2.jpg.pagespeed.ce.wALsdtABDW.jpg

DEC:

bfr-coming-soon_3.jpg.pagespeed.ce.iDNFAtsJrv.jpg

EDIT: On further comparison, the November Vincent appears to have a lighter-than-rosewood headstock. Maple, like some of those models comes with, or something more exotic? No clue. And the body may actually be a little lighter than Island Burst. In this fuzzy photo, it doesn't appear to darken at the edges, nor to have the red undertones (much more yellow), but honestly, that could easily just be a difference in the photography.

And if I get REALLY squinty, the December one looks to have a darker fingerboard than headstock. So...Ebony board on a Rosewood neck? Or, given the Wenge neck on this month's offering, maybe the neck is Wenge? I had a Warwick bass with a Wenge neck once. Beautiful wood, but I didn't love the way it felt under my hand. Or, wait, maybe that was Ovangkol and the board was Wenge? Crap, now I can't remember.

Island Burst, for reference:
850KBRW06CSCR_1__95536.1469475739.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

PeteDuBaldo

I'm way jumping the gun here, but are these models only available at retailers during these months or can they be special-ordered for the duration of the month?

These instruments will be available in stores beginning in the month listed. Only the quantities ordered at the NAMM Show in 2017 will be produced, and it looks like the production numbers are being released on at least some of these. For example, the September releases are the Ivory White Valentine with a worldwide quantity of 89 pieces, the Claro Majesty 39 pieces, and the trans black Axis 26 pieces.

TripHazard

Sorry to be the guy that kills all the intrigue but every one of them is in petes "the room" thread from
back in January

LewisW

The Jason Richardson style axis looks insane.. stealth Hardwear on burl..

Pott

Looks like not a single AL in there... I thought I spotted one, but it looks more like a Cutlass.

I'm quite disappointed, especially given all the new models we got hints about but haven't been shown/announced (JP8, JR signature, Hunter Hayes sig...). Ah well. :( I guess they're coming but the lack of AL love so far (there are unannounced/unteased months) is disappointing.

My dreams of a blue AL HH with piezo are further and further away...

Last edited:

Magic Jason

Looks like not a single AL in there... I thought I spotted one, but it looks more like a Cutlass.

I'm quite disappointed, especially given all the new models we got hints about but haven't been shown/announced (JP8, JR signature, Hunter Hayes sig...). Ah well. :( I guess they're coming but the lack of AL love so far is disappointing.

Heartbroken as well... No AL.

GWDavis28

But ... but..... I love pickguards! :D

All I want is a AL HH BFR... or a Dargie

Sorry Jason, you might get the first, but a Dargie is a rare bird, you'll have to keep an eye out for one. Does it matter to you Dargie 1 or 2? AL SSS or MM90's?

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom