• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JOEinCA

I see sweetwater is going to have some stock on the bongo 4h piezo. Can anyone comment on how this bass sounds? I don't see this config too much.

Thanks,
Joe

JayDawg

I just sold mine to a guy in San Diego to fund my all rosewood neck Bongo. Let me just say this. I freaking love to Bongo Hp set up. Between the single H and it, it is hard to choose which one I like best. If you have the opportunity to buy one, I say jump on it. You will not be disappointed.

CAW

I got my first piezo-equipped EBMM in my new 5HHp emerald sparkle Bongo. I don't know how I'd describe the sound exactly, and sound descriptions are always vague/subjective terms anyway. But I will say that the piezo is kind of a subtle thing to me that is a really pleasing addition to the magnetic tone when mixed about 50/50. I'd go so far as to say that now I've heard it, I don't think I'd ever order another EBMM without a piezo.

JOEinCA

I got my first piezo-equipped EBMM in my new 5HHp emerald sparkle Bongo. I don't know how I'd describe the sound exactly, and sound descriptions are always vague/subjective terms anyway. But I will say that the piezo is kind of a subtle thing to me that is a really pleasing addition to the magnetic tone when mixed about 50/50. I'd go so far as to say that now I've heard it, I don't think I'd ever order another EBMM without a piezo.

Thanks for that. I just may have to go that way next bass.

Golem

`

What they all already said [love mine] ... plus:

The piezo version is the only 1H with a 4-band.

Also, if you read my sig you'll see 1/2 doz piezo
MM's. Don't know how come but the Boingo's the
only one that I use with a mix of 40% - 50% "H"
in the mix. All the Rays and Sterlings I use about
100% piezo.

IOW, I consider the piezo to be the foundation of
the sound and the "H" to be just an additive or a
condiment to the piezo flavor. The Boingo H-tone
is a condiment very compatible with the the piezo
while the Ray/Sterling "H condiment" I use only in
tiny amount or not at all.

ubnomnar

I just sold mine to a guy in San Diego to fund my all rosewood neck Bongo. Let me just say this. I freaking love to Bongo Hp set up. Between the single H and it, it is hard to choose which one I like best. If you have the opportunity to buy one, I say jump on it. You will not be disappointed.

I'm the lucky guy who picked up JayDawg's Bongo 4Hp. I had previously owned a Bongo 5HHp, and I also own another bass with Piezo so I knew what to expect.

I really love the Piezo sound both solo'd and mixed. I think the Piezo has a very good growl to it. It also responds very well to eq for creating the tone of your dreams. My only wish is that the preamp was setup so that the Piezo output level was at least equal to the magnetic pickup output level. On both of the Piezo equipped Bongos I've owned, I lowered the magnetic pickup(s), and verified that the Piezo pots are set for max output to minimize the difference which still favors the magnetic.

That being said, I would love to add a Bongo 4HSp or 4 HHp to the family.

JOEinCA

I'm the lucky guy who picked up JayDawg's Bongo 4Hp. I had previously owned a Bongo 5HHp, and I also own another bass with Piezo so I knew what to expect.

I really love the Piezo sound both solo'd and mixed. I think the Piezo has a very good growl to it. It also responds very well to eq for creating the tone of your dreams. My only wish is that the preamp was setup so that the Piezo output level was at least equal to the magnetic pickup output level. On both of the Piezo equipped Bongos I've owned, I lowered the magnetic pickup(s), and verified that the Piezo pots are set for max output to minimize the difference which still favors the magnetic.

That being said, I would love to add a Bongo 4HSp or 4 HHp to the family.

Good info. Thanks!

Top Bottom