• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

decreebass

So, you can clearly push down and "click" the piezo volume knob on the Majesty (greatest guitar ever, BTW) - any idea what this button is for? I suspect it has something to do with the alleged GameChanger in this beast but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Anyone know for sure or have some educated conjecture? Thanks!

decreebass

That was my thought. I guess pmercado's answer is correct, but a part of me still hopes the Game Changer tech will become available at some point - even if I gotta open up the guitar and plug a USB into it or something...

drewbixcubed

Majesty Piezo knob switch function

Check out this page on the MM site and click on the diagrams and schematics, it will provide you with a complete control function diagram.

Here is how it works:
To select Mono or Stereo output on the Majesty, press and hold the Piezo volume knob, the signal will mute and return, and the output will alternate between mono and stereo. When the signal returns, the LED on the battery box as well as the signal will pulse once for Mono or twice for Stereo. (This "pulsing" also happens every time the instrument is plugged in, so the user knows the output setting upon startup).

The trick here is to keep holding the knob :) The length time from initial press, to mute, to signal again is about 7-10 seconds, and is this long to ensure during live play, the function is not accidentally activated.

If at any time the knob is released before the signal returns, the instrument will exit the function with no changes made to the output.

xjbebop

this^^^
we just went through this the other day to figure it out. you can also just watch the LED on the battery box. it seems like you have to hold the button a long time before it changes, but that's a good thing.
plug a cable in, press and HOLD the piezo knob...be patient... the LED will turn amber...continue to HOLD...the LED will then blink once (for mono) or twice (for stereo output). then you can release the knob.
Same procedure to switch between the 2 settings.
When you first plug in, the LED will blink once or twice to indicate the current setting.
Also, the LED blinks amber a second or two after unplugging the guitar. this shows the active circuit shutting off (and thus, not draining the batteries...)

The LED will blink amber if the batteries are getting low on power. (thanks, AJ :) )

Also, I don't think that the system automatically detects a stereo cable when plugged in. I believe you still have to manually switch the system.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom