• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

shamus63

Thanks BP...I don't think I did that...I'll try it. I don't have to on this computer but maybe my other one is more sensitive.

Terri ~ the same thing is happening on my work computer (even when I check off "Remember Me").

When you get redirected to the page where you appear offline, scroll down to the "Currently Active Users" list, and left click (or right, if your mouse is set up that way) once over your online i.d.; back to normal for that session until you close your browser.

James

Bass-sic

Terri ~ the same thing is happening on my work computer (even when I check off "Remember Me").

When you get redirected to the page where you appear offline, scroll down to the "Currently Active Users" list, and left click (or right, if your mouse is set up that way) once over your online i.d.; back to normal for that session until you close your browser.

James

Thanks James...I will try doing that, because the other way still isn't working. Tell Karen hi for me and you two have a nice Christmas.

Bass-sic

Thanks James! Yay it works the way you said. I have to check the "remember me" box first...then log in...then go down to active members...then right click & open on my name...and I''m online.:D

Chewie

I'll look into the IE issue some more tomorrow. Hopping around the western seaboard till the end of the month. Which basically means I'm on vacation, not at home, or at work so I actually have access to Windows machines and IE :) In the meantime though I would highly recommend you IE users switch to Firefox. Not because of this issue specifically but because you're less likely to contract viruses, spyware and have your info phished, etc.. using Firefox. Outside of work my friends and family hound me to fix their computers. The first thing I tell them is if your gonna use Windows stop using IE. I prefer Firefox, but you can use Opera too.

I haven't tested IE 7 yet, well and probbaly never will, but that too is available these days. That might correct the issue too. IE 7 is the first substantial upgrade MS has made to their browser in 4 years or so other than patching security vulnerabilities.

If nothing else you IE users can step into the 21st century and enjoy tabbed browsing. :p

Bass-sic

I'll look into the IE issue some more tomorrow. Hopping around the western seaboard till the end of the month. Which basically means I'm on vacation, not at home, or at work so I actually have access to Windows machines and IE :) In the meantime though I would highly recommend you IE users switch to Firefox. Not because of this issue specifically but because you're less likely to contract viruses, spyware and have your info phished, etc.. using Firefox. Outside of work my friends and family hound me to fix their computers. The first thing I tell them is if your gonna use Windows stop using IE. I prefer Firefox, but you can use Opera too.

I haven't tested IE 7 yet, well and probbaly never will, but that too is available these days. That might correct the issue too. IE 7 is the first substantial upgrade MS has made to their browser in 4 years or so other than patching security vulnerabilities.

If nothing else you IE users can step into the 21st century and enjoy tabbed browsing. :p

Thank You......I'll have to look into that......Enjoy your vacation!!!!!

Fuzzy Dustmite

Having trouble using the 'first unread post' button in threads. It only takes me to the first post, whether I've read them all before or not...

Not sure if it's an IE7 thing...

PeteDuBaldo

Having trouble using the 'first unread post' button in threads. It only takes me to the first post, whether I've read them all before or not...

Not sure if it's an IE7 thing...

It does the same for me on Mozilla/Firefox, and on both WinXP and Win2000 --- but if it's a really long and old thread I randomly wind up somewhere back in October or November.

Maybe this is BP's way of telling us all to get away from Bill?

backagain1

CodeMonkey, Links in Subscription Notification Emails

When I subscribe to threads I usually select the "instant notification by email" option. When I receive a notification email, it usually states something like:

"Dear backagain1,

candid_x has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - STERLING BALL videos.... - in the Music Man Basses forum of Ernie Ball Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:"

However, for the last couple of weeks the links in the email take me to the middle of the thread, rather than to the new post. The links used to work fine, taking me to the post of which I'm being notified. Now, however, they take to to the middle of the thread.

Any suggestions on how I can remedy the problem?

Thanks,

backagain1

Tim O'Sullivan

When I subscribe to threads I usually select the "instant notification by email" option. When I receive a notification email, it usually states something like:

"Dear backagain1,

candid_x has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - STERLING BALL videos.... - in the Music Man Basses forum of Ernie Ball Forums.

However, for the last couple of weeks the links in the email take me to the middle of the thread, rather than to the new post. The links used to work fine, taking me to the post of which I'm being notified. Now, however, they take to to the middle of the thread.

Thanks,

backagain1

I am having just the same problem. Would be nice if it could be fixed.

backagain1

The Problem is Still Happening

"Dear backagain1,

Thanks,

backagain1

I should have mentioned that I'm using Internet Explorer 6, on a Windows XP machine. Apparently, based on the other posts here, the problem occurs with a variety of browsers.

Thanks,

backagain1

Bill

I'm having the same trouble with the "view first unread" link, too.

Also, is there any way to adjust the timing of my last visit to the forum? For example, if I'm on the forum and I have to let the computer sit idle for a while (not sure how long), when I return, it'll tell me my last visit was just a few minutes ago instead of yesterday (or whenever). This isn't a big deal, but it makes hunting down new posts a little more involved.

Chewie

I think I fixed the View First Unread issue. vBulletin can use cookies or the database to keep track of which posts you have read. The old method was cookies. The newer method is to store the info in the database.

from what I'm reading the SEO mod I installed on the forum can have issues with the cookie based method.

I just switched our forum to use the newer database method.

Top Bottom