• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Chewie

backagain1

Thanks for the Fix, Chewie!!!

I think I fixed the View First Unread issue. vBulletin can use cookies or the database to keep track of which posts you have read. The old method was cookies. The newer method is to store the info in the database.

from what I'm reading the SEO mod I installed on the forum can have issues with the cookie based method.

I just switched our forum to use the newer database method.

The "View First Unread" is now working like a charm using IE 6. Thanks!!!!!

backagain1

phatduckk

GWDavis28

Arin, are you recommending the Wookie tweak the cookie?

Hahahahahahahahahaha I couldn't resist man. :)

Glenn |B)

Chewie

you could also find where the cookie is being set and change the code so cookies apply to anythingAtAll.ernieball.com

search for "setcookie" and set the 5th parameter to '.ernieball.com'

That was the next plan if the redirect didn't cure it. The redirect is more in line with my SEO strategy. And by strategy I mean more like "I wonder what this button does?" :D

SteveB

That was the next plan if the redirect didn't cure it. The redirect is more in line with my SEO strategy. And by strategy I mean more like "I wonder what this button does?" :D

Could one say that you were in a BIND?

;)

mantra: DNS is our friend. DNS is our friend. DNS is our friend. DNS is our friend. Yeah, right. :D

Colin

I'm noticing when I click on new posts I get about 10 pages of unread pages showing up even if I have read them. Also when I post and then click on new posts I then can't find that thread...

phatduckk

he he. ive done a ton of SEO. do a google search for stuff like:

"adam sandler news"
"megadeth news"
"san mateo news"
"airline news"
"watne's world news"
"san louis obispo news"
"Perl news"

notice a particular site that's reliably in the top 5? I used to work that. i'll give ya whatever pointers I can. its not a science or anything but certain things work pretty well

fsmith

Has anyone else notied that when you used would close out your browser it would "mark" all threads as read and un-highlight the subject. When you came back later only threads with new posts would be highlighted letting you know what threads had any new content.

That doesn't appear to work anymore.

Win XP, IE7

fred

Chewie

It's has to do with your session info being stored in the database now versus the old method.

What I have been doing is going to Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read
when I'm completely caught up.

midopa

I'm liking the mod that resizes pics so threads aren't stretched out to next week. :D

Top Bottom