• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kbaim

Pugninjas can't log on, get PM's or post.
He called and asked me to mention it here hoping to have it corrected.
Thanks.

Chewie

I don't know how it happened but he got switched from register user to user awaiting email confirmation.

I think I've seen it do that to people who change their email address that they have registered with the forums.

Anyway he should be good to go now.

Ken Baker

It wouldn't surprise me if I'm the only one seeing this, but...

Performance to ALL the EBMM sites is grievously slow during the day. Early in the morning or VERY late at night (I'm in SoCal) is usually notably better, which indicates to me that what I'm experiencing is traffic related. It has been more noticeable since the move to the heavy bandwidth requirements of the new MusicMan area, and has been just plain tough to access for the past 4-5 days.

Problem can be experienced:

On my new XP Pro box on Firefox. Slowness is also seen using other browsers.
Other PCs on my network.
My server.

Connection is ADSL with a measured 1Mb downlink.
Internal network on a 1GB 3COM switch
Connections to internal PCs is either cabled or 802.11g

Need pipes?

Ken...

midopa

I'm liking the new changes that are being implemented on the site. Lookin good!

JohnnyBoy

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
View , search only (can't reply or post)

CodeMonkey

Can only view & search, invite to be friend. But not post or reply to threads - am I blocked for some other reason or is it just technical difficulties??

I can start the reply but preview post just gets server unavailable, as does submit reply.

Posting a reply to you - and preview of this - does however work.

:confused:

Chewie

just fixed one bug I had opened with the developers. could have been related to the server timeouts especially if it was one of the threads I had a bug open about. could not of have been related too... Anyone else getting that error when replying from this moment on?

Chewie

I just did two test posts to that thread. One using the normal "Post Reply" option, the other with the "Post Quick Reply" option.
Both worked fine.

Are you still having problems in that thread?

Could of very well been me messing with the server too, and trying to figure out all the new features available to the forum members now.

Last edited:

Spudmurphy

Chewie

In the quick links - whos online, - initially we would be presented with a map of the world showing who was on line!

Not critical to the smooth running of a forum site I know, but has this map now disappeared for good?

Spud

Chewie

Chewie

In the quick links - whos online, - initially we would be presented with a map of the world showing who was on line!

Not critical to the smooth running of a forum site I know, but has this map now disappeared for good?

Spud

I haven't decided on that one yet. It's just disabled at the moment. Not sure yet if it works with vbulletin 3.7, perhaps increasses server load with extra queries to the mysql server too. Now that there is more social networking options, photo albums, profile enhancements, etc, on the forum I kind of figured I'd see how those affect performance first.

Chewie

Forum Updates and some template issues

I just updated vbulletin to the latest version this morning. I also updated our SEO plugin.

I'm seeing some minor issues with the template after performing the update.

Bear with us while we get that squared away. Other than the aforementioned aesthetic issues, as far as I can tell everything else is working correctly.

Let me know if you guys notice anything else out of the ordinary or broken.

There also should be new features added going from vbulletin 3.74 to 3.82. I haven't looked myself to see what's new though.

Grand Wazoo

I just updated vbulletin to the latest version this morning. I also updated our SEO plugin.

I'm seeing some minor issues with the template after performing the update.

Bear with us while we get that squared away. Other than the aforementioned aesthetic issues, as far as I can tell everything else is working correctly.

Let me know if you guys notice anything else out of the ordinary or broken.

There also should be new features added going from vbulletin 3.74 to 3.82. I haven't looked myself to see what's new though.

Yes Chewie I have noticed a couple of problems related to the individual user's profile, i.e. if I click on my own username and look for my statistics first of all the display gets all messed up and corrupted and then I can't see the usual items such as find all posts by.... and find all threads by...

Also if I click on "about me" the displays gets overimposed with my signature over the text windows... looks a bit Savador Dali' :D I am sure you'll fix it.

Thanks

Last edited:

Chewie

Ok I think all the template related issues have been resolved. I had to revert back to a stock vbulletin skin and then re-edit it to make it look like the newer forum skin that's been in use for the past several months here. Still waiting on the company that makes the SEO software for vbulletin to release their SEO'd skin for vbulletin 3.8+

As far as strictly vbulletin updates go....
Looks like there are some cool updates to the social groups and it looks like all the social groups work again after the updates.

I haven't noticed anything else yet.

Top Bottom