• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Dr Stankface

Ok cats and kitties, here's the lowdown. I finally graduate from high school this coming May. (woo!) For my graduation present, I can have whatever kind of EBMM bass I want. The thing is that I really don't know what I want. Maybe you guys could give me some suggestions on color. I know I want it to be an HH StingRay 5 with a maple board and matching headstock. With that said can anyone show me some pics of what you think would look good? Any kind of pic from the open house would be great too. Thanks alot guys.

Andrew

Aussie Mark

Color preference is such a personal thing. I'd suggest browsing the stickies at the top of the page, which have scores of color options to check out. I'm sure you'll see something there that takes your fancy.

Beth

Dear Dr. Stankface,

Congratulations on your graduation! (or should that be "Congraduations"?) :D

Hmm, it seems as though you already have a red bass, so if you want to go on the opposite side of the color spectrum lets say blue. Then you decide whether you want opaque or translucent. If you want translucent I'd go Pacific Blue Burst with a white pearloid guard 100%. Yummm, that'd look good. Opaque? If you like darker, go Carbon Blue Pearl with a moonstone or abalone guard. If you like lighter shades, go Blue Pearl with an abalone guard.

Whaddya think???
-Beth :)

Dr Stankface

I didn't have time to go through all the color schemes because I needed some sleep before work and my mom really needs to know soon.

I'm really interested in that Pacific Blue Burst. Can anyone show me a pic of a PBB SR5 w/ a maple board?

Andrew

Aussie Mark

Dr Stankface said:
I didn't have time to go through all the color schemes because I needed some sleep before work and my mom really needs to know soon.

I'm really interested in that Pacific Blue Burst. Can anyone show me a pic of a PBB SR5 w/ a maple board?

Andrew

Is there anything else we can do for you? How are you off for socks and undies? :rolleyes:

jblake

Hey Doc,

First of all, congrats on your graduation.

Secondly: I don't have a pic of a Pacific Blue Burst SR5 with a maple board but I have seen one and I gotta say it's a sexy beast. That's probably what I'd go for.

nspark

This is why I love Ernie Ball...
150-70-11-01.gif
150-70-11-03.gif
150-70-11-05.gif

I like them all, but I'm digging the black pickguard right now. I'd have said tort if it was a rosewood board. Pearl is cool, but I have an SR5 with a pearl pickguard and would want something different.

-Nick

Dr Stankface

I don't know man. Travis has made a strong point to me. Honeyburst is kind of played out. I'm thinking about a Carbon Blue Pearl with an Abalone guard. I'll let everyone know what my final decision is.

Andrew

Bill

I'd say get a honeyburst with a black pickguard, and then change it to white pearloid; that way you'll have the black pickup cover. :D

Beth

Hi Andrew,

I think that would be a fab-looking combination! Very attractive, I must say!

-Beth

AnthonyD

Dr Stankface said:
I'm really leaning towards the Carbon Blue Pearl with Abalone pickugard. Of course, matching headstock and maple board. What you guys thik of that?

Andrew

Beth said:
Hi Andrew,

I think that would be a fab-looking combination! Very attractive, I must say!

-Beth

I like... But in my fantasy it's a rosewood board! :)

Top Bottom