• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
bandstage2.jpg myoffice.jpg stageart2.jpg

More details when I have more time, but I brought 3 basses. Decided I'd start with the Cutlass because it's new and I like living dangerously. We played from six pm until 11 pm and I never even considered changing to another bass - and those other basses are GOOD.

Hey, babies? Cutlass - get you one. This ain't no Pee Bass.

Jackie

Oldtoe

Intestinal Poltergeist
Having both listened to and played said very-green bass, I can confirm that it is amazing. Just a great instrument. What a neck, too. In the top five I've ever played.

kinopah

Mannnn...

It's hard to make a better bass than this. I mainly bring one of my StingRays to rehearsals, but wanted something with a warmer feel since we were playing an outside festival. When we soundchecked it was 58 degrees and dry. While playing it bumped to 78 and straight up rainy. Cutlass was exquisitely playable throughout. I love basses that feel easy and responsive AND that you can still dig into to get a totally different tone. Very vindicating to love playing this thing in this situation.

22339074_10156875530403079_62967360654180031_o.jpg 22256447_1164240030342678_5901680197261532475_o.jpg

Last edited:

kinopah

Hannnnnnnnnng onnnnnnnnnn....
@bovinehost do you have Ian Grushka's bass from New Found Glory from before he switched back to Fender?
I know he played a Cutlass on Warped Tour last year. If so that's a pretty radical part of its story!

Also does that mean that aqua one is out there someplace?

IMG_2958.jpg IMG_2959.jpg

bovinehost

Administrator
That bass may well be sitting in its stand right here in my little studio. If I remember the story correctly, it was built with a non-MM pickup and one knob (volume) for the guy from New Found Glory Hole. When this fellow lost his way, it was then fitted with stock electronics and the tone knob reappeared. So yes, that is the bass you're thinking of.

I'm pretty sure the aqua one is not "out there somewhere". I'm relatively certain it's in San Luis Obispo, enjoying its retirement from touring.

But the green one is MINE, ALL MINE. (insert evil laugh, followed by wheezing and coughing)

I sometimes get little perks for being so damned loyal and for burning the Fender poster that used to hang in my studio.

kinopah

That's amazing! That guy had a couple of cool, BRIGHT Cutlasses. He had a slick orange one too.
Glad it's found a home w/someone who can appreciate it. Pretty cool story for a bass to have.

Holdsg

are we going to start calling you Lord Passive Green Thingy? :D

oh, one more thing...diamond blue Caprice inbound...

Last edited:
Top Bottom