• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Astrofreq

I’m thinking about modding a couple of things, but don’t want to open it up until I change strings. Anyone have pics of the insides?

pretty much wanting to know how hard it would be to remove the tone knob, move the the volume to the tone pot hole, and add an arcade kill button where the volume is.

Last edited:

John C

I don't own a Cutlass but I'm interested in them. I found this photo of a loaded pickguard on Reverb.com:

c6e6v9hnilaoj8ajxh4t.jpg

tu6tevyjfgbzemfosgyv.jpg

As you can see all the electronics of the Cutlass are mounted on a circuit card; the card includes the Silent Circuit and the buffered output (that keeps all 5 switch settings at the same volume). So you can't move anything unless you relocate the entire circuit card - assuming you want to retain the Silent Circuit and the buffered output. Otherwise you would have to remove the card and rewire everything.

Last edited:

vuduhwy

I was really tempted to post a pic of the inside of my 77' Olds Cutlass. hahaha

Astrofreq

Here ya go....

http://forums.ernieball.com/members/4915-albums2739.html

The pickups are wired to the switch as normal, the pickup grounds and potentiometers are on the circuit board. HSS version has 500 kΩ pots and a parallel resistor on the selector switch so the single coils see something similar to 250 kΩ pots.

Thanks Doc!! Those are great too. Now it’s about whether I have the nerve to do it.

Top Bottom