• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

KHB

I am looking to install a strap lock system on my new Special, but ideally I'm looking for a set that does not change the existing strap button hole i.e. can be used with the same screw, or a screw of equal length/diameter. Anyone know of any? Schaller S Locks is my usual preference, but in the past I have found their built-in screw to be quite chunky and ends up widening the hole, which I'd like to avoid.

Thanks!

danny-79

I’ve got Ernie Ball super locks in all my basses. No extra drilling, modding of any description needed, use the original screws you remove if you like or the ones that they come with are a little longer and with these you have the added advantage of them looking and functioning the same as a regular strap button.
Never had any issues whatsoever with mine, coming loose on strap or bass

brash47

I’ve got Ernie Ball super locks in all my basses. No extra drilling, modding of any description needed, use the original screws you remove if you like or the ones that they come with are a little longer and with these you have the added advantage of them looking and functioning the same as a regular strap button.
Never had any issues whatsoever with mine, coming loose on strap or bass
I agree with this post and have changed out every single one of my basses to these. It sure makes it easier to use the same strap on all my basses.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

danny-79

I agree with this post and have changed out every single one of my basses to these. It sure makes it easier to use the same strap on all my basses.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Same here, I’ve only got three straps and quite a few pairs of “spare” locks, not that I’ve ever never them.
Playing live if I’m using my wireless I can change basses and keep the same strap and do it in the same speed as if the strap was already attached, push it in, give it a pinch to make sure it’s locked. Job done

Monahan

For me, the most dependable strap locks are the Dunlop "Dual Design" versions. These are direct replacements on the Stingray Special and Bongo; no plugging, drilling, etc. necessary. LOVE that I can use a standard strap if I leave my locking equipped strap at home-- which has happened more than once ;)

As a bonus, these strap locks are super easy to find, come in a variety of colors and cost less than $20.

Hope this helps~

Chrisxedge

All three of my stingrays have dimarzio click lock straps (including my one special). I simply remove the previous strap button, but utilize the same screws that shipped with the bass with the new dimarzio hardware. They are nice and tight with no worries about a miss matched thread size or dimarzio screw not being long enough. I’ve got 5 guitars in the house with the same setup and I’ve just got a bunch of extra straps all over. Tucked behind amps, inside rack drawers and in all my cases and bags. I’ve got a spare in the trunk of my car. I’ve never had one fail on me in the last 20 years and they are super comfortable.

Fuzzy Dustmite

I also use the Dunlop Dual Design ones. If you use a file/dremel to take about 1mm off the diameter of the head of the original screw, you can use that with them as well. The dunlop screw is a bit shorter than the MM one(s)

Top Bottom