• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gurtejsingh

Fellow ballers! Here's my first (tiring, yet not last hopefully!) attempt at the mighty tone from Mr. John Petrucci on the EBMM JP15 and the Axe FX 2. Everything is 100% stock. Plus some explanation and my approach.

Please do let me know how I did! Thank you for your time. This is a series, so in case you enjoy, there is plenty more from where this came....

bellaswail

Awesome man, great job! I just got the Axe FX II 2 days ago and I am dying to try this preset out...

...but as luck would have it, my 5 month old Majesty just died on me. I'm having an issue where the sound comes on for one second, and then goes out. It only works if I am pushing and holding the piezo volume knob in before/during playing, and dies as soon as I let go. I've contacted Ernie Ball support.

Anyway though, great cover and I will be sure to download your preset once my guitar comes back from repair!

gurtejsingh

Awesome man, great job! I just got the Axe FX II 2 days ago and I am dying to try this preset out...

...but as luck would have it, my 5 month old Majesty just died on me. I'm having an issue where the sound comes on for one second, and then goes out. It only works if I am pushing and holding the piezo volume knob in before/during playing, and dies as soon as I let go. I've contacted Ernie Ball support.

Anyway though, great cover and I will be sure to download your preset once my guitar comes back from repair!
Thank you so much man! Really feel sad about your guitar and I understand what you are going through. I've heard a few other majesty users having some issues, but with Ernie Ball support, you are in great hands. I'm sure everything will be alright. Thank you still for responding back!

It's the kind of response which keeps me going. I literally put days/weeks into each preset and put it out here and everywhere else, but sometimes I do not get many responses.

I'm a long time Ernie Ball user and the JP15 has changed my playing so so much. The tone can never be perfect, but I really hope it gets you and others closer to playing some of his songs.

Thank you so much for watching and if you get time, there are more presets on my channel. Cheers!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

GWDavis28

Thank you so much Glenn. You always reply and encourage me, that's very kind of you :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Never a problem, and it's always nice to hear other people playing, I'm pretty terrible (borderline on barely being able to play) and it's encouraging for me to hear as well. MikeVT has an Axe FX 2 i believe and I know he loves it as well.

Glenn |B)

gurtejsingh

Never a problem, and it's always nice to hear other people playing, I'm pretty terrible (borderline on barely being able to play) and it's encouraging for me to hear as well. MikeVT has an Axe FX 2 i believe and I know he loves it as well.

Glenn |B)

Thank you so much for the support Glenn! I would also love to hear you play sometime, please do post in case you do! The Axe FX 2 is great, but it's really the JP15 which brings it to life I think. It's an amazing guitar and EBMM has done a fantastic job! Cheers.

Wahoonc

That’s great tone. I’m more of a classic rock guy and use an AX8, but I could see myself zoning out with this for a while. Thanks!

Top Bottom