• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kbaim

vegas odds just in

According to vegas odds makers their chances of winning this tuesday are as follows...

NORM 3/2
JOHN 2/1
KEITH 7/2

Keith is understandably dejected.

kbaim

Hoping to gain any last minute advantage, KBAIM rented and watched CROSSROADS yesterday. Now he's really pumped.

If he wins this round, maybe he'll play the classical piece Macchio played during the next round.

Hey, anyone else think Steve Vai's solo before ralphs was actually better and should have won him the contest?

Damn good movie...and in one of those weird moments, when it was over and the tv went back to tv, Jamie Gertz's crappy sitcom happened to be on. Still pretty 15 years later.

KEITH

PS Today's the last day to post before the contest tonight.

bing4sons

kbaim said:
Hoping to gain any last minute advantage, KBAIM rented and watched CROSSROADS yesterday. Now he's really pumped.

If he wins this round, maybe he'll play the classical piece Macchio played during the next round

So are you going to play through a Pignose? :D That was the lame part of the movie IMO (walking aroung with the Pignose on his shoulder).

I actually have a pignose that I bought back in 1979 (along with my Ovation legend, which I also still have).

Bing

kbaim

What bothered me a little about the movie was that it was a story of a guitarist who goes out in search of the blues...and he ends up battling a whammy happy rock player by playing a classical piece:confused:

That said, I prefer listening to that stuff way more than the blues.

KEITH

kbaim

And the winner is...

Not me. :(

Had a blast though. And more than a few people were shocked when the winners were annonunced.

Very pleased with my performance. Began with distortion to the backing track. Then played an original fingerpicking song.

I hung out a bit longer then others (as I was owed 4 more sets of strings) and the emcee gave me an a couple others a Gibson shirt. Which will be used to clean my EBMM guitars:D

KEITH

kbaim

Also worth mentioning, can't believe I forgot this, was how great my new Luke piezo played and sounded.

Hoping Norm will post a few pics as he took a bunch including a few of the BLUE DAWN triplets...my blue dawn luke, his blue dawn piezo silo with steve morse switch, and my bass players blue dawn sterling (sans pickguard).

Drool city:cool:

KEITH

kbaim

Noteworthy about the contest was Norm's 2 minute version of Van Halen's CATHEDRAL. IMO the coolest part of the show that night.

Also he wrote a really pretty tune using only pinched harmonics all over the fretboard that he warmed up to at my rehearsal studio.

KEITH

NorM

Playing in Cali was great and the pics are in! Here is a pic of my man Kieth tearing it up (you know, for the people)

Last edited:

NorM

Here is another of Kieth shreding for the judges. They are the 3 guys on the right side of the picture. They were (from left to right) Saltwater, Box of Hammers, and Carrot. (They were not that bright. Well face it. They weren't.... After all, they didn't pick Kieth as a winner)

Last edited:

NorM

Now here is a picture of yours truly. What I like is the hippie in the background. He was another one of the contestants. His flame top Les Paul had the Gibson logo replaced with one that said "Faster". You can tell his is interested. Also, you can see the price tag on the ground for the new Bose system I was playing through. People! The new Bose system is INCREADIBLE!!! I am playing my Blue Dawn Piezo Trem. I ran the magnetic pickups through Keith's Pod and the piezo through the Boss ME-30. Then they both just plugged into the Bose. This is the best sounding sound system for performing I have ever heard.

Last edited:

NorM

And here is a picture of me tapping out my solo piece. Check out how happy the hippie is in this picture. Well there goes Norm again pleasing the people.

Last edited:

NorM

We only recorded it with the digital camera. JDoug! you live near there and you knew of this event. Why didn't you come see it in person? There is a chance I will have a video camera at this Tuesdays competition in Phoenix. (I hope Darell will cruise down from Scottsdale and I will get a chance to meet him) But while I am at it... Here is a way that Keith will always remember the event. This is a picture of the prize that Keith (and I) received for our blistering performances.

Last edited:

NorM

So I played in Phoenix last night and we had great judges. I know this to be true because I advanced to the finals there. I even recorded the event with a digital camcorder. I won't see the tape till later though. If I approve and I can find the web space I'll post a link. Till then, this really made me happy! BIG TIME! YEAH ME! I ROCK!!

Thank you for letting me share.

Top Bottom