• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tbonesullivan

See, this is where you "negotiate". If it is a model that received major updates/changes, you could try to get them to move on the price. But if it's a model that didn't, how is the new model really different? A lot of those changes haven't fully taken effect anyway.

But what about a St Vincent or Albert Lee HH? those have all rosewood necks, which are going away? If a dealer has those in stock, why shouldn't they raise the price, given how some people really want that type of neck?

In the end it's what the market will bear, new OR used.

JayDawg

Jay when you open your store let me know how you llike us telling you what to do...hahahaha

Honestly, I’m having second thoughts on the store. My main reason for wanting to open one was to sell EBMM and SBMM. There wasn’t much of a desire to sell other brands because quite honestly, I don’t have the same passion for them and my intent was to help further the EBMM and SBMM brands. However, there are more costs involved than I originally expected.

But to your point Sterling, the contract I was given said very specifically what I could and could not do. For example, I can’t sell outside of the United States. Unfortunately for me, that takes away some of my existing customer base. So if the contract I was given and I had to agree to follow or be subject to consequences if I didn’t, then how would mandating new, old stock instruments not be subjected to the new price changes be any different?

LesPaul

So I went to my local GC this morning knowing they had a Purple Monarchy in stock. I got there to find they also had an Imperial Blue. Both were at pre price hike amounts. Decisions, decisions....

They both played and sounded fantastic. Wanted both......picked Imperial Blue. She's a beauty. NGD pics later today in a separate thread.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

savannah_sean

I had to choose between black and blue, and I went with the blue as well...I love it! Purple has to be awfully tempting too...

chrismilne

I noticed all of their prices are way up compared to what i thought they were, My SS (i think i paid around $1400 new, forget how many years ago now) and i got a used Axis 15+ years ago used for around $500 :) I haven't bought a new guitar since the SS in 2001 :(

Last edited:

Terry007

A good friend of mine once told me : "Quality remains, price is forgotten!"

How right was he!

PS
I hope you get what he meant as it is quite difficult to translate the correct meaning from French...

I always say "I have no qualms with those who sell for less, they know what their product is worth."

Top Bottom