• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan2211

Hi, im very new to this so i hope this works.

I just recently purchased a 2nd hand ernie ball musicman stingray and was wondering if anyone could help me identify if its real or fake.

Attachments

• 20191119_181213.jpg
    20191119_181213.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 20191119_181217.jpg
    20191119_181217.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Rod Trussbroken

Hi. In my opinion it's not an Ernie Ball Music Man Sting Ray. The tuners, string retainer and logo aren't right. The "Made in San..." logo on rear isn't right and is in also the wrong position.

tbonesullivan

Do you have pictures of the rest of the bass? Particularly the neck plate is very important in identifying a real one from a fake.

However, those tuners do not look right, and the logos do not look correct. I am very suspicious of this bass.

danny-79

I’d say fake unfortunately, lots of things not looking right from the decals to the wood finish to the tuners.
Can we have some more photos of the rest of the bass and also put the serial number though the data base and see what comes back

Samoht

Unfortunately I believe it’s a fake for several reasons. Tuners aren’t branded, “Made in...” in weird place, the front logo looks strange to me as well. Headstock is too elongated on the nut side. Hope you can get your $ back!

Last edited:

mouth

Fake. Very fake. You should have posted pics of the whole body too, that would prove its fakeness even more. Return it!

tbonesullivan

Probably just someone looking for info on a bass they were going to buy, or maybe even someone from a counterfeit company.

Thing is, the counterfeits will never stand up to the originals.

Daniel

Hi, im very new to this so i hope this works.

I just recently purchased a 2nd hand ernie ball musicman stingray and was wondering if anyone could help me identify if its real or fake.

Hi Dan2211, Judging from these photos, this is not a genuine Ernie Ball Music Man. We recommend only buying new instruments form authorized retailers. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom