• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drTStingray

Jack, I'd have to sell wifey and the kids :D

Well it's a good cause guys!!

To be honest I couldn't imagine playing such an historic and beautiful instrument - and it would be a shame for it to be sitting in a case in someone's collection somewhere - it should be in a museum or better still, a display case in the reception area at a very worthy instrument manufacturer's facility which saved such an historic line of instruments and expanded on it back in the 80s ;) just my view mind!

I make take a trip up to London just to be in the same room as this Ray as it would be an experience in itself!

Soulkeeper

I agree. Come on, it doesn't cost more than a car, and unlike a car it won't drop in value unless you scratch up the finish.

I think MM should buy this. It will probably make some headlines here & there, maybe it'll even pay itself in PR value?

Plus, you won't find a better reference for the design of future "Classic" designs. ;)

tbonesullivan

See, now that really makes me want a stingray classic. Just for that look and awesome neck. Alas, I already have an SR4, so that isn't gonna happen.

MrMusashi

a hefty price, considering it went for 10.000$ from gc platinum department ;)

still a nice piece to have in the collection :)

MrM

keko

:eek: Wow :eek:

May I share that link to my domestic music forum, ...there are for sure a few loony millionaires at the Balkans who can afford it? :)

tbonesullivan

Kinda sucks that it originally ended up at a Guitar Center after the owner passed on. It does look to be in awesome shape for it's age. Almost better as a museum piece.

KevinM

Is this the bass that was at the Hollywood Guitar Centre a little over two years ago? I couldn't convince those that attended my wedding that year to buy it for me.....

Yeah, that's the one. If I had 10g's available I might have bought it. It would be pretty cool to see BP pick that up for display at the factory or something.

Golem

`

If BP & Co. still retain the 1st production EBMM Ray, then
I'd guess that would dampen enthusiasm for the 1st Leo
Ray ... dampen, not to mean "eliminate". $11G is a lotta
small change even from the glove box of BP's Bentley ;-)

oli@bass

Frankly, it is beyond me why that instrument wasn't given back to Music Man in the first place. GC should have done that instead of selling, and it would have been great marketing for MM & GC together as introduction of the Classic line.

IMO there's only a couple of places this should go: MM factory, R&R Hall of Fame, Hard Rock Cafe nearby SLO, or perhaps the City of Fullerton Museum.

If I was wealthy enough, I'd buy it and present it to one of the mentioned places. But unfortunately, I'm not.

So sadly, this important piece of Rock history will most probably end up in the wrong hands with its most important task being to "appreciate in value over time".

2ndBassGuitar

Frankly, it is beyond me why that instrument wasn't given back to Music Man in the first place. GC should have done that instead of selling, and it would have been great marketing for MM & GC together as introduction of the Classic line.

IMO there's only a couple of places this should go: MM factory, R&R Hall of Fame, Hard Rock Cafe nearby SLO, or perhaps the City of Fullerton Museum.

If I was wealthy enough, I'd buy it and present it to one of the mentioned places. But unfortunately, I'm not.

I wonder just how many instruments are held back for collection by Music Man. Just wonder if it ended up in my basement whether that would be considered the "wrong hands"?

drTStingray

It's not going to get into anyone's hands at the moment - one of the guys on the UK bass forum went to the shop today re another purchase and it hasn't arrived yet. B01000 is being delivered by the owner - not shipped.

Top Bottom