• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jones4tone

I couldn't help but notice that there's a spot on the circuit board for a sixth pickup. How would one go about making that work, I wonder? Would the app detect the sixth coil to allow configuration? Just think of the possibilities.

Does yours have the piezo bridge? Just wondering if the other connection could be for that.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I couldn't help but notice that there's a spot on the circuit board for a sixth pickup. How would one go about making that work, I wonder? Would the app detect the sixth coil to allow configuration? Just think of the possibilities.

Relying on old memory here so use an appropriate pinch of salt but...

You'd have to route the guitar for a third humbucker, and then you could connect the xtra coil there. BUT that in itself may not activate the 6th coil on the app; the circuit board may have been designed for use with 6 coils but that doesn't mean the hardware version in the guitar would send that info to the app or that the app version can handle a 6th coil.

dwheelr

Relying on old memory here so use an appropriate pinch of salt but...

You'd have to route the guitar for a third humbucker, and then you could connect the xtra coil there. BUT that in itself may not activate the 6th coil on the app; the circuit board may have been designed for use with 6 coils but that doesn't mean the hardware version in the guitar would send that info to the app or that the app version can handle a 6th coil.

Thanks! There’s the rub. Would be super cool if it were usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patsac

Getting back to the original theme here, it doesn't seem much like the GC "is still being supported" when the app hasn't been updated for a half decade, and doesn't run on any recent version of iOS. I have kept an old phone around for the sole purpose of maintaining the guitar, but sooner or later that old phone will just crap out. Do most people just use the web interface? I'd be curious to know.

Wahoonc

I have always used my macbook, which has always worked fine. Had the app on iPad, but only in simulation mode without being plugged in before the guitar arrived.

jones4tone

Same here. I use the web app in Chrome, as I don’t have the required MIDI cable for the iOS app. But it sounds like I also don’t have a phone that would run the app based on what patsac said.

I hope the platform gets renewed attention some day.

Oyster38

So are those of us that purchased the game changer guitar just screwed? How will we maintain the ability to do what we paid for (Change pickup combination ) if you do not have a working application or keep the web browsers working? I SEE THE GUITAR IS OFF THE WEBSITE so is the Game Changer official dead?

Manny_Silvers

I don't work for EBMM but my guess would be that it's not currently profitable to continue to accept orders on new Game Changer guitars and basses, but that they will continue to support the current application for those of us who have the instruments. I also wouldn't be shocked if they revisit the technology sometime in the future.

beej

That sounds pretty reasonable.

Keep in mind that that technology is still being used- it provides switching for the Majesty, for example (though it's not open to configuration the way it is on the GC instruments). So I imagine we'll see more of it one day.

Manny_Silvers

Fill me in I dont know what Patreon is

Patreon is a website that essentially allows users to subscribe to specific "creators" of a wide variety, as a way for users to more or less directly pay creators for their work instead of it having to go through some large scale platform that takes a huge cut of the money. I believe it's most commonly used for things such as podcasts, comics, and blogs. Not sure it would work well for something like this, but I could be wrong.

About | Patreon

Oyster38

For the last time EB MM. What is going to happen with the ability to keep Game Changer ability to edit the pickup combinations through the software?

BillLorentzen

I look forward to more GC development for sure - I think the system is spectacular, and I'd like it on everything.

I actually had my guitar modded with stainless steel frets, and SD P-rails pickups neck and bridge, with a Lindy Fralin Steel Pole 42 in the middle. Sweet jeebus, those upgrades made an already magical guitar even magicaller. It's not perfect at every single thing, but it's perfect at every single thing I want.

I have a couple PRails and I’m considering swapping one into the neck position on my HSHP. How does the rail sound combine with the middle pickup?
A better question might be, if you had it to do over again, would you?

BobKos

I have a GC bass I bought about a year or two ago. I have other Reflexes and play them more due to their intuitive nature. I'm finally trying to get the GC to work on an iPad 2nd Gen. I bought a Line 6 Midi II device to connect. I'm having a helluva time getting everything to work. Does the app actually work with Gamechanger? There's no real tutorial or instructions on how to actually set it up and use it. I have found brief FAQ replies and such that hint that it should work. But it seems to be a secret. Has anybody been successful with the IOS app? Like many others I fear the web app will eventually be shut down and the whole thing will be a loss. I would like to get the IOS app working if at all possible so I have a backup application. Truth told the web app should have been a windows program that could be run on a decently modern windows computer that has all the features of the web app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edmang

Truth told the web app should have been a windows program that could be run on a decently modern windows computer that has all the features of the web app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And it would be totally useless for those of us that have Macs. Web app works for windows and Mac so why they probably went that route

Top Bottom