• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drewbixcubed

Hey did someone mention SSS players?? That includes me! Drew, I know i'm a mighty pain in the ass, but I have to ask- how close are the single coil tones to a SSS AL or Silo Special in the HSH GC? I'm not trying to be a knob about it, i'm 1000% curious with all these millions of tones that at least some get close to nailing a typical bridge/middle single tone, which I love so much, and would love to have on a guitar with humbuckers.

I am positive you will (as will everyone else), be please and shocked by the amount and quality of tones you can get out of TGC!

drewbixcubed

I left out a couple of zeros there:) Thanks , Now that turns out to be 219 years @ 100 tones a day = 8 million ? Yah I think I can be happy with 250,000.

Drew, Important question....Is it possible to name the tones in the data base? Or will they just be numbered? When someone finds a cool tone, can they get bragging rights and be the author of that tone with their name and or name of tone? I would love to find a tone that Luke or Steve would like. Has this been thought about yet?

All tones, banks, and schemes can be saved to your own account, and named whatever you like! There are so many tones available, I have no idea how many we have gone through, but there are a lot to go!!!!

drewbixcubed

I saw that you replied before that the GC is only available on specific models currently.
My question is, are there any plans on including more models with the GC in the future? Or will it only be the current models?

It is currently only available on the reflex right now....future plans are exactly that!

tonypeps

First of all, kudos to you and your software designers on the quality of the user interface. I haven't seen any more of it than what was shown in the videos, but I can tell that it is very user friendly. Being a software guy myself, I understand how difficult it can be to take a concept as complex as pickup wiring make it simple and available to the non-software-developer masses (i.e. those who concentrated on playing their instrument of choice rather than getting a computer science degree). Having said that, I have a software question...

Can the Gamechanger app respond to MIDI messages? I.e. if the guitar is plugged into the computer's USB port and we have a MIDI foot controller hooked up sending MIDI messages to the computer, is it possible to control the pickup selection via a well programmed MIDI foot controller?

Thanks,
Tony

dmcguitar

Not that my thoughts really count. but a midi port would be quite cool for those using a midi switched system. if not only can your midi controller change your amps channel and effects but now switch to a different combination of pickups...

Question regardig the piezo (wiring diagram confused me) is the piezo an on / off switch controlled by the knob, or is it setup in a petrucci style wiring, or is it just attached to a volume pan (so always on, just the amount of volume is controlled) and is it one of the pickups that is controllable via the game changer?

drewbixcubed

Not that my thoughts really count. but a midi port would be quite cool for those using a midi switched system. if not only can your midi controller change your amps channel and effects but now switch to a different combination of pickups...

Question regardig the piezo (wiring diagram confused me) is the piezo an on / off switch controlled by the knob, or is it setup in a petrucci style wiring, or is it just attached to a volume pan (so always on, just the amount of volume is controlled) and is it one of the pickups that is controllable via the game changer?

Assuming piezo is off, pushing the piezo knob in will turn it on, push again, and the piezo is off. You have the ability to save the piezo state (along with the magnetic pickups), into any bank position. Please note the Piezo is blended with the magnetic tone, it cannot be added in series/parallel, etc.... Therefore the mag volume control works with the magnetic coils, and the peizo volume control works with the piezo pickup.

Sosomething.... we ask that official MM staff be the only people that respond to questions, so that there is less potential for confusion.

Thank you~

Last edited:

Sosomething

Assuming piezo is off, pushing the piezo knob in will turn it on, push again, and the piezo is off. You have the ability to save the piezo state (along with the magnetic pickups), into any bank position. Please note the Piezo is blended with the magnetic tone, it cannot be added in series/parallel, etc.... Therefore the mag volume control works with the magnetic coils, and the peizo volume control works with the piezo pickup.

Sosomething.... we ask that official MM staff be the only people that respond to questions, so that there is less potential for confusion.

Thank you~

Apologies, Drew - your case in point; I see that I was wrong about the Piezo state. I've removed my last post.

That's awesome that the GC presets remember whether the piezo was off or on. That opens up so many more possibilities in a live performance situation.

Thanks for the clarification - I'll stick to asking questions in this thread only. ;)

threeminutesboy

the game changer requires 3 AA batteries.

Why did you choose to power it with 3 AA batteries instead of 9v battery? 9v battery is pretty common for us while AA is not the kind of battery I carry with me to gig :)

In case you have a Piezo do you have to power the Piezo with a different 9v battery?

if I purchased a 4 coils game changer, can I later add, another humbucker to increase the possibility of my guitar and how easy it will be to "declare" those 2 additional coils to the gamechanger circuit?

Last edited:

drewbixcubed

the game changer requires 3 AA batteries.

Why did you choose to power it with 3 AA batteries instead of 9v battery? 9v battery is pretty common for us while AA is not the kind of battery I carry with me to gig :)

In case you have a Piezo do you have to power the Piezo with a different 9v battery?

if I purchased a 4 coils game changer, can I later add, another humbucker to increase the possibility of my guitar and how easy it will be to "declare" those 2 additional coils to the gamechanger circuit?

We chose 3 AA batteries, because even though you are 'used to' carrying 9 volt batteries around:
-AA batteries are more readily available everywhere on earth
-3AA are less expensive than one 9V
-AA have about 3-4 times the life of a 9V
-3AA weigh only .05lb more than one 9V

One of the main reasons you, and the rest of the guitarist community have been using 9V for years is the headroom the 9V 'allows' the audio signal. With our circuit, we get all of the headroom necessary for guitar AND active bass signals, and that headroom remains constant for the life of the batteries, and does not decline as the batteries die slowly.

All of TGC run off of 3AA, that is it. There are not additional batteries for Active preamps (Piezo, 4 band EQ on Bass, etc...).

We do not recommend you modify your Game Changer in any way. TGC's pickups, circuit, software, and firmware have been designed to work as provided from MM.

ScreaminFloyd

Is it possible to seal the GC PCB compartment and offer and extented warranty? If the board goes out will it be an exspensive fix? Thank you

drewbixcubed

Is it possible to seal the GC PCB compartment and offer and extented warranty? If the board goes out will it be an exspensive fix? Thank you

I'm not sure what you are getting at with this question, but we do seal it with screws ;) As far as an extended warranty, that will most likely not happen. We have and will continue to perform many tests to ensure the electronic performance will more than surpass any warranty provided. As far as "if he board goes out," it all depends on the potential issue. Only time/experience will tell what the cost(s) may be.

zzap

Since it primarily involves the guitar's electronics, is there a plan down the road for a GC kit?
I'm sure there are one or two of us that would like to have the GC capability in a guitar we already own.
I would buy such a kit even it it required the EBMM pickups, and some drilling and routing.

However, I would also be greatly dissappointed if the GC electronics are actually soldered to the pickups and guitar controls.
Solderless guitar electronics are a reality now whether you go down the Seymour Duncan Liberator, or EMG path.
http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/279/231/101

Zzap

Last edited:

drewbixcubed

Since it primarily involves the guitar's electronics, is there a plan down the road for a GC kit?
I'm sure there are one or two of us that would like to have the GC capability in a guitar we already own.
I would buy such a kit even it it required the EBMM pickups, and some drilling and routing.

However, I would also be greatly dissappointed if the GC electronics are actually soldered to the pickups and guitar controls.
Solderless guitar electronics are a reality now whether you go down the Seymour Duncan Liberator, or EMG path.
Electric Guitar Pickups & Accessories - EMG Pickups | 1 or 2 Pickups

Zzap

zzap..

TGC is only available in the Reflex as of now, future plans for the technology are exactly that....future plans. :)

Top Bottom