• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

videorov

When is it coming out?

Which guitar design is it going to be put into or is it going to have its own?

drewbixcubed

Yes, you can swap out pickups, but it will void your electronics warranty. Technically, it should be much easier to swap pickups on TGC rather than the normal 5 way switch.

drewbixcubed

(Wohoo! My first post! I think it tells you how excited I am of this guitar!)

When will it start shipping, will it ship worldwide and when will the website be fully unlocked and we get all the finishes available? :)

Thanks
Please contact sales for price and availability.

drewbixcubed

Thanks for the quick reply!

One more thing that I haven't seen answered anywhere directly. I'm assuming that the guitar will work without batteries in it (or when they run out). In this case, does the guitar go to the default wiring? Do both bank A and B work?

This thread is a cool idea. I bet it could eventually become a FAQ in the GC website.

Edit: Don't mean to abuse, but I thought of something else that was mentioned before: is the silent circuit integrated in the GC for configurations that are not noise canceling?
The Game Changer does not work when the batteries die. This goes for the active and passive settings on the bass, as well as the passive guitar. There is a settings page on the web app which will show you accurate battery life readout. Not to mention, there will be an LED on the battery box as a low battery indicator.

As of now, there is no silent circuit in The Game Changer.

drewbixcubed

The web app looks like it has bars across the strings and in some cases only across one or two stings.

Does this mean you can have individual settings for each string?
The length of the colored bars has no significance to the sonic value of the preset. The vertical lines, which we call "The Grid" is simplest user interface we could come up with to allow the user complete control of all connections possible for up to 6 coils. For example, if you were to wire 6 coils in series, you would need 7 vertical lines.

TGC has the ability to wire complete coils only, not individual strings.

drewbixcubed

Drew- that's what I'd love to know too. I realize you haven't even got these off the line yet and we're already asking to see under the hood ... but will it be possible to swap in other components in place of a coil, like the Silent Circuit, resistor, inductor, etc.?
This is not recommended

drewbixcubed

Thanks Drew for taking questions.

If you download a preset from the website and store it in your guitar, is it going to sound like the guitar the preset came from, or will it sound like the pup combination in the guitar in your hands?

Said differently, suppose Albert Lee posts a pre-set and he's using a gamechanger Reflex with a maple fretboard and a pup combination that uses the middle single coil pup. Now let's say I download that preset for a gamechanger Reflex with rosewood fretboard and two humbucker pups. What sound will I get? How it sounds in his guitar with that pup and wood configuration, or how that preset pup combination sounds with the pups and wood combination of the guitar in my hands? Is that even possible since the guitar, theoretically in my hands, does not have a middle single coil pup?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

The capabilities here are so mind-blowing. I can't wait to understand better the full extent of what it can do!
The presets will only rewire the pickups accordingly, it will not emulate the sound of a different pickup, in a different location, on a different guitar. Also, you cannot load a 5 coil pickup configuration in a 4 coil guitar, for what I hope is obvious reasons.

DR5Guy

I can gather so far that the Game Changer is powered by a 9v battery. Are two batteries required for guitars having another active circuit such as piezo preamp, or both the GC and the piezo are powered by the same battery?

Also, what is the average life expectancy of a regular alkaline battery as a power source for the GC?

Thanks!

drewbixcubed

I can gather so far that the Game Changer is powered by a 9v battery. Are two batteries required for guitars having another active circuit such as piezo preamp, or both the GC and the piezo are powered by the same battery?

Also, what is the average life expectancy of a regular alkaline battery as a power source for the GC?

Thanks!
Please review my original post

JasonT

The presets will only rewire the pickups accordingly, it will not emulate the sound of a different pickup, in a different location, on a different guitar. Also, you cannot load a 5 coil pickup configuration in a 4 coil guitar, for what I hope is obvious reasons.

That's what I figured. Thanks, Drew!

ScoobySteve

Thanks for the awesome innovation and technology! And congrats for winning best of show at NAMM!

My question is, as I'm not too sure, is it possible to save presets/create presets on the fly without the assistance of the software program? Thanks!

drewbixcubed

Thanks for the awesome innovation and technology! And congrats for winning best of show at NAMM!

My question is, as I'm not too sure, is it possible to save presets/create presets on the fly without the assistance of the software program? Thanks!

Thanks for the Kudos! We are all VERY proud!

Check out some of the videos (look for me in red shirt) I describe exactly how to do it. Also, the control function diagrams on the site describe how to do it with verbiage.

Smellybum

Hi First time questioner long time poster....:)

3 Questions for you guys when you get a sec?

1.Can you tell me the UK RRP please?

2. Will there be an 'offline' version or will you always need to be conected to the app for uploads/changes - thinking of being mobile for gigs...

3. - Is there an epected lead time for shipping to UK/Europe?

Thanks in advance.
smelly.

Bump.

bkrumme

Thanks for the Kudos! We are all VERY proud!

Check out some of the videos (look for me in red shirt) I describe exactly how to do it. Also, the control function diagrams on the site describe how to do it with verbiage.

What about configurations which aren't in Banks A, B, or Z? Is there a way to customize the presets to something that isn't already loaded in the guitar without using the web software?

Also, what single coil was used for the center single coil in the HSH/HSHP guitars? If a custom wound, what would be comparable?

ScoobySteve

Sorry Drew for the barrage of questions. I have the same one as Brad above. What output, style is the center coil? Also is the HSH reflex available with the two humbuckers with the chrome covers?

The website currently shows them with no covers. Thanks again for all your work, much appreciated!

Top Bottom