• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sosomething

if the website shows them with no covers...hmmmm maybe we posted an unfinished guitar? hahahaha NO Covers on the HSH it sucked with covers

Good call - I assumed as much. Two covered pickups with a strat-style coil in the middle would look really weird.

but, I gotta point out, the guitar in this pic doesn't quite seem finished to me:

gc1.jpg

:D

I don't actually care - it's probably just an artist mock and I'm fine with that - but the missing "something" definitely confused me for a second.

drewbixcubed

What about configurations which aren't in Banks A, B, or Z? Is there a way to customize the presets to something that isn't already loaded in the guitar without using the web software?

Also, what single coil was used for the center single coil in the HSH/HSHP guitars? If a custom wound, what would be comparable?

Banks A, B, and Z come with some of the "most used" aka "normal" presets that players are accustomed to. We implemented these so that users that do NOT want to log on to the app can have an instrument with a lot of tones/functionality of TGC. However, if you want limitless switching, you have to use the app.

All pickups in TGC are custom wound. The HSH pickups are voiced to sound similar to the HH, and SSS tones players often wish for. Not to mention the other ~249,990!

Last edited:

Jocke

Hi again,

I haven´t really gotten this question answered yet after posting here and sent a mail to customer service so;

When will the finishes be determined and the website fully unlocked with the web application?

drewbixcubed

Thank you all for your questions and patience, but please refrain from answering the questions yourselves. We are trying to populate these threads with accurate answers as a source for all to learn.

The web app will be available closer to the time of shipping. It is still in beta form, and we will be adding more info, videos, and demos as time permits.

ScreaminFloyd

My question is if a Tone is found on the fly while playing "unplugged from a USB" Would there be a way to know what the setting currently was at? Are the tones pre programmed and then used? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Thank you

ScoobySteve

if the website shows them with no covers...hmmmm maybe we posted an unfinished guitar? hahahaha NO Covers on the HSH it sucked with covers

D'oh! I walked into that one! >.<

Sorry, this will be the last question from me Drew.

For someone like me who stays in the US but lives mostly in another country like Korea, what kind of options for service will there be in the event that the GC needs servicing? Will the EBMM and Crew license authorized repair technicians or only service them inhouse in SLO?

Also, would there be any difference warranty wise for a GC guitar and a normal EBMM? Thanks a ton!

drewbixcubed

My question is if a Tone is found on the fly while playing "unplugged from a USB" Would there be a way to know what the setting currently was at? Are the tones pre programmed and then used? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Thank you

If a tone is "found," I am assuming you like it, and would like to use it in the future. That is the perfect time to save it manually to a position on the 5 way lever. This can be done without the web app. The next time TGC is connected to the computer, you can then "know" what the tone was. Banks A, B, Z come stock with presets, but you can load anything you want into them once you are on the web app. This can be done time and time again.

drewbixcubed

D'oh! I walked into that one! >.<

Sorry, this will be the last question from me Drew.

For someone like me who stays in the US but lives mostly in another country like Korea, what kind of options for service will there be in the event that the GC needs servicing? Will the EBMM and Crew license authorized repair technicians or only service them inhouse in SLO?

Also, would there be any difference warranty wise for a GC guitar and a normal EBMM? Thanks a ton!

We are still ironing out all of the service techniques and warranty specifications. TGC is quite a different beast than we are used to supporting, so there is a lot to set in place. As we get closer to shipping TGC, more info will be available. Also, as these become more readily available, I am sure there will be more people with greater knowledge about the product, thus allowing for potential "authorized" technicians.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you desire!

robelinda2

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
Hey did someone mention SSS players?? That includes me! Drew, I know i'm a mighty pain in the ass, but I have to ask- how close are the single coil tones to a SSS AL or Silo Special in the HSH GC? I'm not trying to be a knob about it, i'm 1000% curious with all these millions of tones that at least some get close to nailing a typical bridge/middle single tone, which I love so much, and would love to have on a guitar with humbuckers.

threeminutesboy

Hey Rob you are far from being a pita my friend, I think we are all at some point with TGC :p We are all very curious about this revolution

ScreaminFloyd

How many documented tones have been found so far? Is it possible to cycle through millions of tones in this lifetime? I dont have a calc but 100 tones a day x 365 year = 3650 tones a year x10 years= 365,000. 30 years I'll hit a million :) Drew can you change my user name to "Tone Collector" Thank you

ScoobySteve

100x365= 36,500

36,500 means around 219 years to cycle through 8million options.

Seeing that 250,000 unique tones are available I'd go with that figure instead and would equate to less than 7 years of testing at 100 a day.

ScreaminFloyd

100x365= 36,500

36,500 means around 219 years to cycle through 8million options.

Seeing that 250,000 unique tones are available I'd go with that figure instead and would equate to less than 7 years of testing at 100 a day.

I left out a couple of zeros there:) Thanks , Now that turns out to be 219 years @ 100 tones a day = 8 million ? Yah I think I can be happy with 250,000.

Drew, Important question....Is it possible to name the tones in the data base? Or will they just be numbered? When someone finds a cool tone, can they get bragging rights and be the author of that tone with their name and or name of tone? I would love to find a tone that Luke or Steve would like. Has this been thought about yet?

Tanax

I saw that you replied before that the GC is only available on specific models currently.
My question is, are there any plans on including more models with the GC in the future? Or will it only be the current models?

MacMichael

Hi, will there sometimes be a possibility to integrate the game changer system into my petrucci with piezo bridge?

And sorry for my english - I'm no native speaker.

Top Bottom